• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by RileyLewis

  1. R

    Should I be focused on 1440p 144hz gsync at this point, or 4k?

    You know, after doing some research here and elsewhere, it seems that sticking with my existing monitor might be the best thing for now. If I want to push my frame rates beyond 100fps, then I'm going to need a 1080ti plus a new monitor. My main concern was getting something with gsync, but...
  2. R

    Should I be focused on 1440p 144hz gsync at this point, or 4k?

    Thanks for the response. Yeah my budget is probably around $600-$800. I would like to go 144hz, but I also really love my IPS panel. I don't need 10-bit in the new one, but even a regular IPS that is 144hz is going to be out of my price range, it appears. So I guess the question really becomes...
  3. R

    Should I be focused on 1440p 144hz gsync at this point, or 4k?

    I am building a new PC this month, with the following basic specs: 7700k GTX 1080 16GB DDR4-3000 M.2 SSD + Regular SSD storage Right now I have a 30" 2560x1600 Dell 10-bit IPS panel (3011 - for photo editing) that is locked at 60fps. While 1440p would be a very slight downgrade in resolution...
  4. R

    Mobo is failing and I want to keep my 2500k, but no socket 1155 boards readily available?

    Because I'm in Canada, everything is quite a bit more expensive. The board was $110 American with free shipping in the US, but I had to pay $150 Canadian + $25 shipping to Canada plus some taxes. If I had wanted to get a skylake processor, I would have needed to spend $300-$400 on the CPU plus...
  5. R

    Mobo is failing and I want to keep my 2500k, but no socket 1155 boards readily available?

    One day my PC wouldn't post, and was giving strange boot codes. Eventually I looked at the ram...and it had split down the middle, from end to end. It looked like the glue had come apart, and the whole thing had split in half. I have no idea what caused it. I moved places about a month before so...
  6. R

    Mobo is failing and I want to keep my 2500k, but no socket 1155 boards readily available?

    My current motherboard has been giving me a few troubles lately (a ram stick cracked in half inside the case!) and now only the first 2 ram slots work (which means no dual-channel use). Additionally, my computer is now locking up, especially while gaming. I don't know how this would be related...
  7. R

    Open box 780 Ti

    I just got a new 780ti for $635 (though it was a flash sale on ncix), but I don't know if I'd spend that much on a new card unless I knew the history/conditions for sure. It's probably 100% fine, but I'd rather pay a bit extra for a new card and the peace of mind.
  8. R

    FS: Sapphire 6970 2GB and Sapphire 6990 4GB (together or separate)

    EDIT - SOLD Here's an image of them in my case: http://i.imgur.com/VioDwuT.jpg And the boxes: http://i.imgur.com/PDTpMjk.jpg http://i.imgur.com/vFVMxla.jpg I've had these since Dec 2011, and have never used them for coin mining or anything like that, just normal gaming on a single monitor...
  9. R

    Should I sell my 6990 + 6970 to buy an nVidia card, and capitalize on the coin craze?

    $700 CAD is 638.52 USD as of today. Unfortunately prices are generally higher here anyway (except for Dell monitors for some reason).
  10. R

    Should I sell my 6990 + 6970 to buy an nVidia card, and capitalize on the coin craze?

    I've found an MSI 780ti on sale for $699 in Canada (normally $749-$799), is that a pretty good deal to swoop on? Otherwise the regular 780 is $599. Specifically, it's a MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti 928MHZ Boost 3GB.
  11. R

    Should I sell my 6990 + 6970 to buy an nVidia card, and capitalize on the coin craze?

    I just put this up today, so no, not yet. Unfortunately there appears to be no demand locally (I live in Regina, population 220,000). I will have to sell nationally or to the US, it looks like, which means shipping costs or ebay fees, etc. :( I might post something on the forums here, I...
  12. R

    Should I sell my 6990 + 6970 to buy an nVidia card, and capitalize on the coin craze?

    They will be around as long as money launderers need it, or as long as people in countries with currency control can use it to export assets (like China, Cuba, etc). But once they start to reach the limit of profitability to produce (since there is a hard limit on the number of coins in total)...
  13. R

    Should I sell my 6990 + 6970 to buy an nVidia card, and capitalize on the coin craze?

    And that would be the one I would be getting! Only issue is I am in Canada and a lot of stores on Amazon won't sell to Canadians. :( Oh definitely. I have a great set up even if it's a few years old, but I am thinking that if I can basically get a better setup for effectively free (or maybe...
  14. R

    Should I sell my 6990 + 6970 to buy an nVidia card, and capitalize on the coin craze?

    I've actually already had an offer from a user here for $150 (but I would need to pay for shipping), but I think I will check locally first, as it sounds like I could get a bit more than that if I search around a bit for a buyer.
Back
Top