Thanks for the info on adjusting brightness. That helped a lot! Heh, my room is kinda dark, and I actually hadn't noticed the - and + buttons, and hadn't installed the software. So, thanks. :)
One question for other 3007 owners: did you adjust the brightness at all? I've left it at the default setting, and it generally seems fine, but I admit that big white spaces (e.g., on empty web pages) are a bit much. I'm using an ATI card, and I haven't installed the software that came with...
Most newer games do have native support for widescreen formats. For a comprehensive list, and notes on how to adjust games that need tweaking, see
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/masterlist.php
I sit about 3 or 4 feet from my 3007, but I always sit a fair distance from my monitors. Even at this distance, one has to swivel one's head slightly to traverse the whole gigantic screen. And yes, the resolution is quite high, but I've really been delighted that I've been able to play pretty...
How much video RAM is on that video card? 512 would be better than 256, obviously. :) Me, I'm running a single ATI x1900XTX 512MB on an Athlon x2 4800+ with 4G of system RAM. Oblivion runs smoothly with most (but not all) settings maxed; Dungeons & Dragons Online runs smoothly with...
Well, I love my 3007, and I ain't giving it up even for 5 2407s. But you will need a top of the line video card to run it. Maybe not SLI, but the latest and greatest single card at least. I'm running a single ATI X1900XTX 512Mb, and so far it's run everything I"ve thrown at it smoothly.
I just got mine yesterday, and WOW, what a monitor! Yes, it most certainly is huge: that's everyone's first reaction on seeing it. I don't see any dead pixels, and I don't notice any backlight bleeding or variation in brightness. It looks great to me! Better yet, it ran Oblivion smooth as...