Recent content by ricetard

  1. R

    Advice for a planned build?

    you probably don't need modular power supply try this one maybe? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139019
  2. R

    Problem installing software on Win7

    wow, I figured out what the problem was, it was my stupid antivirus. Disabled that and everything went smooth, thanks for all your inputs
  3. R

    Problem installing software on Win7

    well... the problem was solved when I reinstalled Windows 7 and disabled the automatic updates, I was able to install everything! But when I reenabled the updates I lost permission to install files into the systems drive. Anyone got a solution?
  4. R

    Problem installing software on Win7

    I'm having issues installing Daemon Tools on Win7. I have two harddrives, 1 SSD I use for OS, another 1TB drive I use for other stuff, I'm trying to install Daemon tools on the 1TB, but I get the following message when trying to install. And it seems like I'm having issues installing some...
  5. R

    Need help selecting a video card, and please comment on other parts

    decided to go with HP 2709m 27" 3ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor w/ swivel adjustment http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176125 Thanks for all you guys' help! the parts should start arriving today and tomorrow, I'll post some pictures as I put it together.
  6. R

    Need help selecting a video card, and please comment on other parts

    don't want to mess with liquid cooling, going with http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018 Thanks though
  7. R

    Need help selecting a video card, and please comment on other parts

    ordered the other parts, still trying to decide on a monitor
  8. R

    Need help selecting a video card, and please comment on other parts

    I was just looking at the pictures for Thermalright TRUE Black 120Rev.C CPU Cooler, do I have to buy a fan seperately?
  9. R

    Need help selecting a video card, and please comment on other parts

    yea, I'm not sure about the color quality on ASUS, but the reviews on Newegg are good. mryerse, what do you think about this monitor? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001379 I was also told by a coworker that monitors are worth the investment
  10. R

    Need help selecting a video card, and please comment on other parts

    Thanks all! pulling the trigger today.
  11. R

    Need help selecting a video card, and please comment on other parts

    the gtx470 is about $50 more than 5850, is that a more futureproof card?
  12. R

    Need help selecting a video card, and please comment on other parts

    is there any nVidia cards worth considering?
  13. R

    Need help selecting a video card, and please comment on other parts

    Any recommendations for a storage harddrive? I'll probably just order the rest of them and get the harddrive separately. Thank you for the input. And should I get Win7 Pro instead of Win7 Home?
  14. R

    Need help selecting a video card, and please comment on other parts

    Does ATI cards have issues with win7 64-bit OS?
Back
Top