• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by RCos

  1. R

    Is brand loyalty worth it? AKA: My x58 build went poof

    The short answer is NO. I started my builds back when AMD was King of the CPU Gamer. The FX-53 (2003) I used ASUS boards until I had a problem with one and moved to Gigabyte. Never had issue with Gigabyte, but then went back to the ASUS Sabertooth Z77, which was a bust. Next 5 builds, 1...
  2. R

    ASUS X99-DELUXE Motherboard

    Board is working perfectly except for the Boot Drive Selection. I run 5 drives, 3 SSD and 2 4GB WD Black Drives. When I go to select the boot order, it only sees my 1 SSD and my Blu-Ray Burner. The only way I was able to do that was to unplug all my drives, reboot, and only connect the one...
  3. R

    MSI Z77 MPower

    Great information on this board: I use the wifi for my desktop as my townhouse doesn't have a cable hookup in my home office. Is the included wifi dual band 2.4/5? Thanks I already have the Linksys Wifi- AE3000 but if this will work just as well, it's one less USB port I have to take up
  4. R

    Dell U2413 and U2713H Official Information Appears

    I don't know where you are getting the ghosting as I am flawless in that area, I do see noticble LED on the corners in pitch black room, but none in normal working conditions. The cable is Display Port 1.2 that comes with the unit.
  5. R

    Gaming PC Build for around $1K

    If you want to shave a few dollars off the cost, get your CPU/MoBo from Microcenter if you have a store close to you that i5-3570k = 169 or get the I7 3770k for 229 + you save $30.00 off the motherboard when you get the CPU with it. I think I have made this post enough times to make people...
  6. R

    8GB vs 16GB for Gaming

    Thanks for the info confirming what I have found so far. Its come a long way since my Commodore 64 :)
  7. R

    Amazon Pulled Asus PB278Q

    If you worried about backlight bleed, I would not go with the U2713HM, I gave it three tries, 1 of the 3 did not have noticeable backlight bleed, but unfortunately had a line of six dead pixels, the other two, were terrible.
  8. R

    8GB vs 16GB for Gaming

    I have researched this all over Google and various tech forums, is there any advantage of having 16GB vs 8GB for gaming. Does your system ever even come close or go past 8GB usage. I currently have 8GB of memory, I use it for general business applications and gaming. I don't play 4 MMO's...
  9. R

    Dell U2413 and U2713H Official Information Appears

    I use Display Port 1.2, not sure if that makes a difference or not, don't believe so. I have also used it via DVI-D when I first got it. If by bios screen, you mean motherboard, yes my ASUS bios screen does show when I boot up.
  10. R

    Dell U2413 and U2713H Official Information Appears

    I read your comment about text ghosting, and I have a EVGA GTX 680 Signature+ card and haven't noticed it. I do notice that the color red really pops up a little too much.
  11. R

    New to Intel, need recommendation for Ivy Bridge mobo

    I have had the Sabertooth board since the Ivy Bridge CPUs came out and have had zero problems with it. Its a solid board, but I think you are paying more for the features than the competing boards due to the covering.
  12. R

    Dell U2413 and U2713H Official Information Appears

    Happy to report after 30 min on fire fox screen there was no image retention, my screen remained black, I was almost afraid to do this :) A few corrections to my initial unboxing 1. No HDMI cable, my bad 2. Screen uniformity was great out of the box and the correction hardware was not...
  13. R

    Dell U2413 and U2713H Official Information Appears

    No it does not have a cooling fan that I can tell
  14. R

    Dell U2413 and U2713H Official Information Appears

    Will update with a personal review soon, but some early first impressions: 1. Surprised that the box its packed in is significantly smaller than the the U2713HM it replaced 2. Cosmetically it is similar, but there are some minor tweeks 3. The power button is the same, but the other...
  15. R

    Dell U2413 and U2713H Official Information Appears

    I see from reading the posts that a few of you have ordered this monitor, was hoping to get some feedback as mine arrives tomorrow. I had 3 of the U2713HM models, two had multiple dead pixels and 2 of the three had significant Yellow light bleed? form the bottom right corner. This is my...
Back
Top