Recent content by Randall Fox

  1. R

    How do I completely erase everything on my hd?

    Also try Kill Disk ..
  2. R

    Seasonic Power Supply came miswired? (w/ pics)

    I finally got my new motherboard and all the parts. Long story short, the Seasonic S12 500watt power supply is functioning just fine. It's a really quiet power supply.. Doesn't seem to generate much heat at all.. Thanks for all your help.. Randall Fox
  3. R

    Seasonic Power Supply came miswired? (w/ pics)

    Thanks Dave. Actually I just tried three HD's which I connected at the same time (was just reading the FAQ about load) with the power supply jumped.. Still nothing. I will wait until I get the new motherboard (monday hopefully) and see if that provides the needed load. Randall Fox
  4. R

    Seasonic Power Supply came miswired? (w/ pics)

    Actually, this power supply is for a newer system. The motherboard should arrive monday. The power supply came early. I wanted to test the power supply, since some of the reviews on newegg are from people complaining about faulty power supplies from seasonic. I suppose I can just wait if...
  5. R

    Seasonic Power Supply came miswired? (w/ pics)

    Ok.. I tried shorting the two wires (green to black).. The power supply fan powered on, it was VERY quiet, I think that is by design. Then I used a volter meter and measured 12v and 5v and 3v on all the cables.. Seems to be ok. Then I took an IDE HD and plugged it in to the power...
  6. R

    Seasonic Power Supply came miswired? (w/ pics)

    Correction, The box says "ATX 12V" and "ATX 12V V2.0" I assume the "ATX 12V" is the old standard (1.0).. And, yes you're correct, you technically don't burn in power supplies. It's more correct to say I wanted to test it on my old system, for a a few days. My motherboard (old) is an...
  7. R

    Seasonic Power Supply came miswired? (w/ pics)

    Then shouldn't it work on my older computer (4 years old). The Seasonic box says it is compatible with ATX 1.0 and ATX 2.0.. Thanks Randall Fox
  8. R

    Seasonic Power Supply came miswired? (w/ pics)

    I ordered a 500W Seasonic S12 Power Supply from Newegg. Tried it in my old system (ATX 1.0) and it wouldn't work. Didn't boot, not even the BIOS. Then I looked at the motherboard power supply cable and saw that unlike my enermax 350W, it was missing a wire. I'm wondering if this...
  9. R

    Which motherboard Asus P5WD2 or Intel D955XBK?

    Okay.. Thats what I was thinking, they seem to be similarly priced with similar feature sets.. And I guess Intel has the stability part down pretty well.. Thanks Randall Fox
  10. R

    Which motherboard Asus P5WD2 or Intel D955XBK?

    I am looking for a stable and reliable 955x motherboard to run a dual core pentium. I narrowed it down to either the ASUS P5WD2 or INTEL D955XBK. I probably won't be overclocking the board. I would like something very stable and reliable. I have read a lot of good things about the ASUS...
Back
Top