• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by r0cky

  1. R

    Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB, this one any good?

    Corsair 520W will be fine for that.
  2. R

    Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB, this one any good?

    I've upgraded to the Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB OC from an original BFG 8800GT (G92 single-slot cooler). The 8800GT would overheat and throttle in OCCT GPU!! I'm extremely happy with the upgrade. Even dual-screens the GTX 460 goes into its most aggressive power-save in idle, 50MHz core, 66MHz...
  3. R

    GTX 275 never goes to an idle state

    It's so that the downclock doesn't clause display glitch on the second display. Downclock can occur during main screen vblank period. BTW it's nothing to do with 'more clocks' being required for the second display.
  4. R

    Fermi Price/Release?

    I had terrible problems with ATI 5850 and three monitor setup. Waiting on Nvidia now.
  5. R

    gtx280 vs gtx285

    Tried an ATI 5850, numerous faults, crashes, flickering screens. It went back for a refund. Waiting on Fermi, if too expensive, GTX270 for me.
  6. R

    surround view release?

    I was really excited to see ATI with their three video outputs. I have three screens at home for professional use, I only game on the central screen. At present I use an 8400GS to drive the 3rd screen.
  7. R

    surround view release?

    This ^. I'd got fed up with waiting, so got a 5850, nothing but terrible drivers. My three screen setup was flicking in windows, flickering in game with corrupted image shown ever few seconds. My monitors have DisplayPort, so that was not an issue. 5850 was back and refunded same day...
Back
Top