Recent content by qzj

  1. Q

    [Help] Need advice on my E6600 OC

    calebb, I think u r exactly right. I tried to see if it were my GPU that was causing the problem. I watched movies at FSB1467, it froze after 10 seconds. But changing it to 1423, I had about 1minute - 2 minutes before it froze. And because Orthos doesn't test PCIe, so that's why my Orthos tests...
  2. Q

    [Help] Need advice on my E6600 OC

    How do you lock'em? I can see my PCIe is at 100Mhz. I never touched it. But I don't know how to check my PCI frequency...
  3. Q

    [Help] Need advice on my E6600 OC

    appreciate your help unclewebb! situation went worse, I kept it at 3300mhz, ran orthos for about 1 hour and it was alright, and I thought it was okay then. So I installed Kapersky Antivirus Software cuz I didn't want my computer running around naked. So when I rebooted my Vista, my Kapersky...
  4. Q

    [Help] Need advice on my E6600 OC

    My computer passed 3300Mhz with 1.43v, when I pushed it up to 3400Mhz, I got BSOD, and I raised the voltage to 1.45, BSOD's gone, but it failed the first test in Orthos after 10sec. The message says: Fatal Error: Round 0.5, expected 0.4 or less... bla bla. So I raised the volt to 1.46v, now it...
  5. Q

    [Help] Need advice on my E6600 OC

    Which tests are more precise? Orthos or TAT? Since I can't run TAT under Vista, I dunno which one is better? Or maybe both of them are good so going through any one of them would suffice? Any opinion would be appreciated.
  6. Q

    [Help] Need advice on my E6600 OC

    thank you so much calebb. I didn't know that you have to disable the signature enforcement thingy. Anyway...big thanks.
  7. Q

    [Help] Need advice on my E6600 OC

    OK I tried them out, only TAT and CoreTemps are not working under Vista 64. So...I am having troubles getting a temp read from my computer. SpeedFan's working, but I don't trust just one read, and I don't know the temp limit of my cpu. Anyone's got any suggestions? Thanks.
  8. Q

    [Help] Need advice on my E6600 OC

    unclewebb, are those applications(orthos, speedfan, cpu-z etc) compatible with Vista 64? Also is there any difference when overclocking under a Vista platform rather than an XP platform?
  9. Q

    [Help] Need advice on my E6600 OC

    thx magoo, the guide was amazing, very detailed. unclewebb, did u reach ur 3.4ghz with the thermal control enabled? Generally, do u guys just OC ur cpu or u guys OC RAMs and GPUs as well?
  10. Q

    [Help] Need advice on my E6600 OC

    Thank you so much sethkinast and unclewebb. I am so much clearer now. By the way how do I know what's the multiplier range for a cpu? Also, I noticed an option called CPU Thermal Controller(if I remembered it right) which is defaulted at disabled, does that have anything to do with OC? Thanks.
  11. Q

    [Help] Need advice on my E6600 OC

    I just built my new PC. I got P5N-E mobo. I am new to OCing, so I need some advanced users to give me some advice on this. Thanks in advance. All I did was went into BIOS and try to increase the multiplier, it was defaulted at 9, I tried to increase it to 10 and restared my computer, but...
  12. Q

    A Farewell from [H] Consumer

    Wow...so sorry to hear this. I really loved the reviews and if it wasn't for the reviews, I would still be struggling to find the desktop that fits me. Hope [H]Consumer can be re-opened someday. We are really grateful for what you guys have done for us. Best of luck guys.
  13. Q

    Audigy SE vs. Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty

    Is Audigy SE good enough for gaming? If there's about $120 difference between, is it worth it to go with Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty. In other words, is Xtreme Fatal1ty that much better? I am a total noob, know almost nothing about sound cards. Thanks in advance.
  14. Q

    Westinghouse LVM42w2 vs. Sharp LC32GP1U

    Thanks very much ferris23, it's very good to know ur opinion. It's just that I have seen so bad, negative reviews and opinons regarding westy's poor quality control etc... and not as many for sharp. I guess that's what made me think westinghouse has lots of problems. Hopefully this thread will...
  15. Q

    Westinghouse LVM42w2 vs. Sharp LC32GP1U

    Guys, I need help with my LCD decision. It's mainly for my computer, PS3 and watching movies as well. I was going for Westy 37w3 at first, but I live Canada, and the stores don't carry it, so I had to look for alternatives. So I found Sharp 32GP1U, and everything looked awesome, and I was gonna...
Back
Top