A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
Hmm did anyone have any information. My pool consists of raidz1 6st 2TB WD EADS and one of them has now broken down and will be replaced with a 2TB EARS, because the store doesnt have any other WD drives in stock.
Should I format this drive with 4KB sector override and then use the replace...
Hi,
@Sub.Mesa or any1 else.
I have a WD EADS disk that is failing. I will send it in today/tomorrow to get a new one.
But I'll probably end up getting a "fake" 4KB drive. Is it possible to add it to my current virtualdevice/pool that only consists of real 512byte drives without performance...
Ok, thanks I'll try the tuning when I get home.
I was thinking of waiting for Freenas with freebsd v8.0 before upgrading to new hardware.
But since I only use ZFS and CIFS/SMB(Samba) and nothing more, maybe its no too hard to migrate over to FreeBSD. But its still a little work I guess, I'll...
Okay I'll think about bumping up to 4GB of RAM, my usage isnt that big though, only downloading files from internet at 2.25mb/s to speed to it. And at the same time watching 1-2 or 1080p movies and maybe copy a few gigabytes of files from it, and I wanna do this without stuttering in the middle...
I'm having little problem with readspeeds from my zfs pool. I can write pretty stable around 40-60mb/s to it, but only read like 5-30mb/s from it.
And if I write (just like 2-3mb/s) to it and try to read from it at the same time, the readspeeds are just terrible and very unstable.
I'm using...