• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by pooter03

  1. P

    Xbox + 2405FPW, need help.

    This is the same issue I have been bitching about. I'm glad to see it probably isnt an issue with the monitor.
  2. P

    Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

    Doh, I found a stuck pixel. Its near the lower left hand corner, and stuck as red. Not noticable unless I look for it though.
  3. P

    Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

    For whatever its worth, I've had my monitor since Tuesday and have been making periodic scans for dead pixels. None so far. :)
  4. P

    Problems with Component on 2405fpw

    I'm having a small problem with component on XBox with the monitor. On static images, especially on text, the image...buzzes...twice a second or so. Basically, the outlines of the letters get fuzzy. However, during actual gameplay, I don't notice the effect, even when I'm looking for it...
  5. P

    A word about playing HL2 on a 2405FP...

    I can live with those framerates for now. It should be better when I upgrade my CPU this summer. I'm also using the monitor for XBox + next gen consoles when they come out. :)
  6. P

    A word about playing HL2 on a 2405FP...

    I was running HL2 at roughly 40 FPS. Lows in the 30s, highs up to 100s (If I stood right next to a wall or something.) 1920X1200 no AA or AF. System: Athlon 3000+ Barton, BFG 1 Gig DDR, 6800GT OCed to U speeds.
  7. P

    Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

    Yup. I have the same card and was able to select 1920X1200 over DVI without making any modifications. I was pleasantly surprised. :)
  8. P

    Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

    I went from a 21 inch CRT, if this helps. The difference in size is quite noticable, and that's an understatement. :)
  9. P

    Dell 2405fpw and game resolutions

    have you checked out widescreengamingforums.com ?
  10. P

    Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

    Yah, that's why everything looked awful. You were playing at 480i. Once the High-def pack is installed and you are connected to your monitor via component cables, you will be able to enable 480P, 720P and 1080i. Most games support 480P, but it still looks loads better than 480i. Also, if...
  11. P

    Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

    Cool, make sure you go into your control panel and enable all the high-def resolutions as well.
  12. P

    Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

    I sure do. Component is better than S-Video to begin with. Also, I'm almost 100% sure you can't get high-def (480P plus) without component + high def pack. With S-Video, you are limited to 480i.
  13. P

    Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

    You don't have the high-def pack with component cables?
  14. P

    Any ghosting in game with Dell 2405 TFT ?

    No ghosting that I could see. I tried the following games on it so far: PC: Half Life 2, Star Wars Republic Commando and Far Cry XBox: Brothers in Arms, Fight Night 2004, Conker demo and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory demo. Most of the games were beautiful, but BIA and Fight Night 2004...
  15. P

    Video card for 2405FPW: Which one ?

    Just to chime in, I got my monitor today and had no problems using 1920x1200 via DVI on a BFG 6800 GT. Didn't even have to go into any advanced settings, it was available for me to select right away.
Back
Top