Recent content by PlayMoreWithClaymore

  1. P

    Doom3 artifacting on 9800XT

    Last night I did a lil tweaking...took out the video card, used compress air to clean any dust(there were barely any), installed it back onto the mobo and made sure it had a snug fit. Initially the video card was running off the same power line as the hard drive then I switched it to the floppy...
  2. P

    Doom3 artifacting on 9800XT

    If my 9800XT is a duff card, then I'm glad I (or actually SyphonFilter) caught the problem early versus a year later. But all my other games are running perfectly fine (e.g. Farcry, UT2004 etc). I get higher CPU temps playing FarCry than playing Doom3, which is only a 3-4 F difference. Should I...
  3. P

    Doom3 artifacting on 9800XT

    Oh, I forgot to mention one thing...are white little speckles all over the screen constitute as artifacting..??
  4. P

    Doom3 artifacting on 9800XT

    Thanks for the reply, I just received the video card a week ago. It's hard to believe that during that time it accumulated that much dust. If it is a heat problem, are there any good VGA coolers..?? Here are my VGA temps: 60C idle 72C under load Are those temps too high..?? :confused:
  5. P

    Doom3 artifacting on 9800XT

    I recently purchased Doom3 and noticed heavy artifacting. I don't have anything overclocked in my system, everything is running@stock speeds. I was thinking that maybe it might be a hardware problem and checked to see if the artifacting appeared on my other games. I played FarCry, CounterStrike...
Back
Top