Recent content by philb2

  1. P

    Russia’s Latest Propaganda? A.I.-Generated War Songs

    https://www.nytimes.com/2026/10/02/technology/russian-propaganda-ai-war-songs.html?campaign_id=158&emc=edit_ot_20261005&instance_id=183067&nl=on-tech&regi_id=75310305&segment_id=227582&user_id=c383821527c441214d07ce6e4a6ba12a The songs glorify Russian soldiers and dehumanize Ukrainians...
  2. P

    Toshiba to double production of HDD's. Not out of the fight just yet.

    Probably not until you get can many-TB SSDs in some enterprise-type form factor. For us Average Joes, maybe 3-5 years.
  3. P

    Six Charts That Show Just How Much We Need A.I.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2026/10/02/opinion/ai-tech-innovation.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share A quick Economics 101 refresh: Growth — and the increases in incomes and living standards that come with it — is a function of just two things, a larger labor force and how much each worker produces. More...
  4. P

    How Seating at Trump’s A.I. Luncheon Reveals Who Has the President’s Ear

    https://www.nytimes.com/2026/09/29/us/politics/trump-ai-luncheon-guests-ceos.html?campaign_id=158&emc=edit_ot_20261001&instance_id=182865&nl=on-tech&regi_id=75310305&segment_id=227388&user_id=c383821527c441214d07ce6e4a6ba12a But the most notable seating assignment may belong to Dario Amodei of...
  5. P

    Leading Chinese Tech Firms Target Nvidia’s A.I. Dominance

    https://www.nytimes.com/2026/09/30/business/china-ai-deepseek-huawei.html?campaign_id=158&emc=edit_ot_20261001&instance_id=182865&nl=on-tech&regi_id=75310305&segment_id=227388&user_id=c383821527c441214d07ce6e4a6ba12a Computer hardware and chip-level software must work together for artificial...
  6. P

    Will A.I. Make Your Brain Lazy? Here’s What the New Research Actually Shows

    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2026/09/29/magazine/ai-chatbots-brain-development-study.html?campaign_id=29&emc=edit_up_20261001&instance_id=182858&nl=the-upshot&regi_id=75310305&segment_id=227366&user_id=c383821527c441214d07ce6e4a6ba12a In July, professors at Middlebury College released a...
  7. P

    OpenAI Says It Will Not Release Newest A.I. Model Over Safety Concerns

    As the OP here, my reaction is that things are out of control. If nothing else, all these news reports are a disaster for the major AI companies, especially right before the midterm elections.
  8. P

    OpenAI Says It Will Not Release Newest A.I. Model Over Safety Concerns

    OpenAI Says It Will Not Release Newest A.I. Model Over Safety Concerns https://www.nytimes.com/2026/09/28/technology/openai-astra-safety.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20260929&instance_id=182708&nl=breaking-news&regi_id=75310305&segment_id=227224&user_id=c383821527c441214d07ce6e4a6ba12a The...
  9. P

    Is China Really Stealing A.I. From American Companies?

    https://www.nytimes.com/2026/09/25/science/china-ai-distillation-copying.html?campaign_id=158&emc=edit_ot_20260928&instance_id=182686&nl=on-tech&regi_id=75310305&segment_id=227220&user_id=c383821527c441214d07ce6e4a6ba12a Many experts say the claims from companies like Anthropic and OpenAI are...
  10. P

    https://www.nytimes.com/2026/09/28/business/nvidia-stock-buyback.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20260928&instance_id=182674&nl=breaking-news&regi_id=

    As the OP of this thread, my bad. Title should be Nvidia Adds $150 Billion to Massive Stock Buyback, the Largest Ever
  11. P

    New Mexico jury finds Facebook liable for deceiving users about privacy protections

    True, but very cynical and very bad for society as a whole.
  12. P

    https://www.nytimes.com/2026/09/28/business/nvidia-stock-buyback.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20260928&instance_id=182674&nl=breaking-news&regi_id=

    https://www.nytimes.com/2026/09/28/business/nvidia-stock-buyback.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20260928&instance_id=182674&nl=breaking-news&regi_id=75310305&segment_id=227192&user_id=c383821527c441214d07ce6e4a6ba12a Nvidia said on Monday that it would spend another $150 billion buying back...
  13. P

    How OpenAI’s Rogue A.I. Agents Tried to Trick a Robot Detector

    https://www.nytimes.com/2026/09/25/technology/openai-hugging-face-hack.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share Now, the report from engineers from the start-up, called Parse, and other researchers offers one of the most comprehensive public accounts of the Hugging Face hack: a tranche of nearly one million...
Back
Top