Recent content by pettakos

  1. P

    Toshiba X300

    I actually bought my first x300 5tb last Thursday. Running smoothly in my server ever since. I didn't have any previous experience with Toshiba. Let's hope it stays this way.
  2. P

    ibm m1015 wd 6tb compatibility

    4TB's are not an issue, there are already six attached for over a year now, working flawlessly. I asked whether there was any recent experience regarding 5 and 6 TB, since these are rather new.
  3. P

    ibm m1015 wd 6tb compatibility

    Has anyone tested the new WD 5 and 6 TB drives with an IBM M1015 flashed to IT mode?
  4. P

    Norco 4224 with 24 drives and question about PCIE lanes

    Bear in mind that both LGA1155 and LGA1150 mainboards populate the 3 pci-e, (the ones that have 3) in variable configuration, meaning that you probably use your last two IBM's in x8x4x4. All have 16 pci-e lanes, except the ones that are workstation builds and use a pci-e switch to multiply their...
  5. P

    Asus Z87-WS and IBM M1015

    Basically, you can never be sure, unless you buy it and try it!!
  6. P

    Asus Z87-WS and IBM M1015

    A gigabyte UD5 will most probably work?
  7. P

    Asus Z87-WS and IBM M1015

    On that account, I should opt for a server board, just to be on the safe side. Even if I contact them, asking about that, most probably I won't get an answer. If I am lucky and get an answer it will be we don't know cause we haven't tested it. This is mere speculation on my behalf. Right now, I...
  8. P

    Asus Z87-WS and IBM M1015

    Is it possible to use 3 pci-e x8 HBA's (IBM M1015) flashed to IT mode, no Bios, with Asus Z87-WS? Even if I plan to populate the first pci-e with a graphics card in the future? I know that it runs them in x8x8x8x8 mode when all four are populated. I didn't know where to ask this question...
  9. P

    Maximus VI Formula Discussion Thread

    Is it possible to use 3 pci-e x8 HBA's (IBM M1015) flashed to IT mode, no Bios, with Asus Z87-WS?
  10. P

    M1015 have i wrong cables

    Yes, because these are reverse cables. You need the forward breakout ones. http://www.scan.co.uk/products/3ware-multi-lane-m8-to-discrete-sata-fanout-cable-1-meter
  11. P

    M1015 HBA + HP SAS expander vs x3 M1015 HBA cards

    Unless you are going to use an expensive Z77 mainboard, the pci-e lanes of the chipset are not enough to simultaneously run 3 M1015, they will run at 8/8/4. Thereby, the third one will run at x4 mode. Even the expensive ones use a PLX chip to add pci-e lanes, which is not ideal, but then again...
  12. P

    Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

    New updated price 55 euros registered shipped to the States for those interested.
  13. P

    Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

    Update: 65 euros shipped.
  14. P

    Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

    Athens, Greece.
  15. P

    Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

    A simple question to to the post office tomorrow will certainly clarify the issue.
Back
Top