The hard drive should be recoverable once you can boot a live cd.
This might be useful http://planetstephanie.net/2009/05/27/grub2-rescue-mode/
From what I can gather from that site, if you use the "exit" command in the console it will go to the bios's next boot device. It should also be...
Try removing the hard drive to access the bios.
According to this, holding esc can get to bios, http://askubuntu.com/questions/318796/when-trying-to-enter-bios-gnu-grub-screen-appears
I messed up a xp / linux dual boot system a while ago and managed to get it running again but that's my...
Does any one have experience with the ep45-ds4p and ep45-extreme? How do they compare with this board in terms of overclocking? They are more expensive at my local shop (and at newegg it seems) but are they worth the extra expense?
xxclone works! I also changed from fat32 to ntfs. thanks for the suggestion Menelmarar.
Now I just have a (relatively) minor problem. When I boot into XP my three partitions are labeled c, i and j. Is there any way to get them as c, d and e?
thanks.
Latest update: I haven't been having much success. my best results were with a program called clonezilla but i only could get to my desktop and no programs would load and explorer.exe wasn't working properly. I tried the program off the western digital website but windows wouldn't even boot...
Hello, I just got a new hard drive, to replace some older ones, and would like to know if it is possible to transfer Windows Xp from one hard drive to the other. I was thinking of making an image of the xp partition and restoring it on the new hard drive. Will this work? Other suggestions?