Don't feel like cracking the case open, but I'll tell you what I did. Not sure if it's the best, but it's working.
Since I'm running an i3 with no external video card, I wedged the CPU and VGA sensors into the fins of the CPU heatsink. They are jammed in there nicely and not going anywhere...
I tried that last night, but couldn't figure out a way to pop off the front plate.
It's:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106325
No problem. Some of the wiring on the LCD board looks like a hack job at best. See the first picture.
No wonder these are buggy.
Couldn't get to the company who manufactured this part: www.szwenan.com
Considering the exposed wiring and how close the PS sits to it, I'm wondering if the PS...
Has anyone looked closely at the LCD? Does it use a replaceable button type battery to store the date and time information?
Has anyone come across any documentation on the LCD?
Thanks!
FYI - If interested, take a look at the Ebay listings. There is always one Buy-It-Now or Best Offer listing for this case. I put in an offer of $57 and the seller countered with $60 and I accepted. I see most people bidding on these are paying more than that.
I was looking at this case as well.
Some questions for you...
1) Is the Ebay seller going to replace the power supply for you?
2) Can you tell me about the front LCD display? Does is connect to the MB at all, or just read out internal temp, etc. Is it programmable?
Thanks very much.