I'd still try the tape mod just in case, it should only take about 5 minutes. I'm highly skeptical that my issue had anything to do with the CPU. The more i read up on these LSI cards the more I find people having these sort of issues across a broad range of hardware.
I had a similar issue with my M1015 thought it was dead, just turned out to be a quirk with my motherboard.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1787647&highlight=
Just incase someone ends up Google'ing a similar issue and finds this thread here the problem and the solution.
Found a reference on another forum to a user with a similar issue where the system wouldn't post with four DIMMs installed, removal of two resulting in the system booting like normal...
Thanks staticlag that makes sense, both boards are running the latest BIOS updates. Ideally I want to run the M1015 on the DQ67SW which doesn't officially support Ivy Bridge though.
The DQ67SW is mATX and only has one slot that will physically accept the M1015.
This does pose a problem, might...
Have some issues with my M1015 and vaguely recollect people experiencing similar problems but for the life of me can't find anything using Google.
I have a near new M1015 that has been flashed to IT mode with the intention of using it with ZFS. However when I install the card in my server...
Per the title would one of the ZFS guru's on here mind sanity checking some potential changes to my current ZFS setup.
Currently its 4 x 1.5TB Seagate drives (512 byte sectors) in RAID-Z1 on a IBM BR10i.
After building the vdev i learnt that four drives in RAID-Z1 isn't ideal, but it...
I don't believe the mSATA form factor itself introduces any performance penalties (someone correct me if I'm wrong) its simply the case that the controllers predominately used with mSATA drives are generally the slower brands.
If you're using XBMC with the centralized SQL database you can start a movie/episode on one device, stop it, move to another device and when you start the same movie/episode it will offer to start it from the same place you finish on the original device.
Obviously all XBMC devices need to be...
The real joy of the M1015 is the low price it can be bought for online through the likes of eBay etc. Buying it new through a retailer/wholesaler seems to defeat the purpose.