Recent content by overdrive

  1. O

    samsung 215tw vs 214t

    The text is clearer on these monitors than the vx2025. Although you can read two docs side by side on the 215tw it gets annoying having to resize them to fit. I'd rather use alt+tab. You can also do it on the 214t, it's only a inch less wide. With the 214t it's better reading docs as you can...
  2. O

    viewsonic VX2025wm or samsung 215TW

    I'd say they're about even for pictures. Though if you scrutinize the pictures you can see the frosted effect on the 2025. I do notice the viewsonic being smaller, but I think that's because I can position the sammy better (lower, facing upwards), so I seem to look at more of it (and not avoid...
  3. O

    viewsonic VX2025wm or samsung 215TW

    Viewsonic +cheap +responsive mouse +0.255 dot pitch +did I say cheap? -anti-glare coating annoys my eyes (though others may not notice) Samsung +swivel,pivot,lift makes my neck a lot happier +clear, clear, clear screen, no anti-glare frost +small bevel -no need for a speaker + 21"...
  4. O

    Just picked up the Samsung 215tw :)

    Considering whether to return the viewsonic 2025 for this, because of the shimmering/anti glare coating. Is the samsung smooth as hell on the surface? i.e. like the Dells? Do you find the higher dot-pitch interferes? I guess it's much easier to read being that it's 21" versus the normal 20"?
  5. O

    Viewsonic VX2025wm arrived! First impressions and pics

    I hope this doesn't come accross as patronising, but maybe try PUSHING THE NUMBER 2 button to change to digital?
  6. O

    Viewsonic VX2025wm arrived! First impressions and pics

    Yeah, I simply flipped the switch to change the input back and forth from analogue to dvi. On the dvi you can actually see the pixels, such as on diagonal lines like the letter 'v'. The letters are thinner in dvi. I think it causes some eyestrain in analogue. I've decided I'm going to return...
  7. O

    Viewsonic VX2025wm arrived! First impressions and pics

    I've just received my vx2025. It goes without saying that the text is much clearer with DVI as opposed to analog. The text clarity is very good with DVI. The frosted coating, when I compare it to my IBM laptop, is making me think whether I should return it. It's kind of sparkly. I feel that...
  8. O

    Dell 2007 fp/fpw Banding issue.

    The fuzzy text shown in the pictures in this or one of the other threads. Could that be because the analog input is being used and not DVI?
  9. O

    Viewsonic VX2025wm Issues/questions.

    The viewsonic seems to suck for fps due to it being 15ms. The dell has banding problems, and slightly blurry text (check the other threads). Nonetheless it looks killer and has a flexible stand. The nec has a reflective screen that is bad except in low lighting conditions. The philips...
  10. O

    My Dell vs. Viewsonic Deliberation

    I wanted to get the dell 2007 too, i really wanted it to be good. I could've handled the banding, but the blurry text was the clincher; I will mainly use it for desktop work such as programming. Shame as I really like the clean black design and the flexibility of the stand. I decided to go for...
Back
Top