• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Outlaw85

  1. O

    Hypervisor preference fight - GO!

    Callout to watch out for. Maybe it's been addressed in the newer versions, check for remnants of VMware guest tools once the migration completes. We had quite a few that didn't cleanly remove and would cause boot issues - some would throw an error when you login and were the easy ones to catch...
  2. O

    Hypervisor preference fight - GO!

    Are you using services for this or flying solo internally? Going cold turkey with the vmw>ntx cluster conversion (if you were already using prism with esx) or using Move to migrate to a new infra? I've heard mostly good things about the conversions, but I believe the risk is higher, maybe too...
  3. O

    [Updated] Gigabyte voided my warranty, did nothing during my RMA. I *almost* got screwed from a Best Buy Open Box

    Came to say this. That 60 day return is awesome and depending which plan you get, you also get extended warranty and/or discounted addon warranty. This saved us on the kiddos laptop that BB sent out but couldn't repair after about 1.5yrs. We got a gift card for our purchase price and paid the...
  4. O

    For those with large and heavy GPUs, do you use an anti-sag bracket?

    This. It's only a 3090 FE but the little shelf that comes with the Thermaltake Core P5 definitely has some sag and I haven't added the dual side waterblock. I used one of the kid's art projects to hold it up. It could go a little more but it's doing it's thing.
  5. O

    FS - Polk home theater setup

    Lol I had extra time at the airport to skim 😀 Also to comment. These under seat subs are impressive if you have realistic expectations. Ive installed a kicker like this and a smaller Jensen and they both can add a lot of punch while keeping all your trunk/seat space. You won't be disappointed...
  6. O

    FS - Polk home theater setup

    Not explicitly stated but about 300?
  7. O

    Mobo video=flakey. Need <$100 vid card for 3840x2160 @ 60 Hz windows desktop - NO GAMING

    While older, maybe the quadro p1000/2000 cards worth a look for <$100. Both will support 4k@60 with low power usage. DP is only 1.4 if that matters. P1000 NVIDIA spec page, 47w 4x Mini-DP requires adapter upto 4x4k@60 P2000 NVIDIA spec page, 75w 4x standard 1.4 DP upto 4x5k@60
  8. O

    4G/5G hotspot suggestions

    I'm not sure of the real vs fake IP address but I work from home and have connected through VPN and had no issues that I recall. I can test the MiFi hotspot but if you aren't planning to move it around, I would would look at one of the home internets like Verizon or TMobile, still maybe starlink...
  9. O

    4G/5G hotspot suggestions

    I have used Verizon's home internet as well. I think it would do everything you need fairly easily. The primary difference for me is the home box was pickier about location than the MiFi. However, if you had it in a good location (usually a window), it was much faster (I was on ultimate)...
  10. O

    pfsense community 2.8 just released

    Do you jump on it when released or wait a bit? I know some past versions had some booboo's that left you reverting if you took a backup. I'm a hold out because it just works. I'm not in it deep with all the fancy settings but it keeps working making it easy for me to ignore it :) Little ole...
  11. O

    [H]OT! Milwaukee M18 FUEL Quik-Lok 2825-21ST 16 in. 18 V Battery String Trimmer Kit (Battery & Charger) for $149.99 in-store.

    First click shows the 150 deal. Now clicking it shows 300 with 50 discount and not available within 50miles and no shipping options. Maybe an oopsie and sold out now
  12. O

    ESXi free 8.0 seems to be the last one (now available again) !

    Maybe we didn't get the full details at the time, or I missed something, which is completely possible. I do know from a small-med business perspective, this "either or" install is going to hurt business that aren't running compliant hardware for ESXi and have to buy a stack to run it. For...
  13. O

    ESXi free 8.0 seems to be the last one (now available again) !

    It's sad the major players are doing this, hiding behind a paywall for home lab especially. VMware overhauling licensing and core requirements. Nutanix now hides behind a business email account for CE registration. From the business side, VMware/Broadcom seem to be pushing out their smaller...
  14. O

    Corsair 5000D Airflow - $93 @ Woot

    Not in use at the moment but hanging on to the Centurion. I had plans to load it with drives back in the day. oh, it's listed Sold Out now.
  15. O

    Set it and forget it--- Multi wan load balancing/failover wired router

    Could look at the Ubiquiti Edge routers X or 4. I have an Edgerouter X but haven't spent much time with it yet. Appears to have a simple GUI but I'm not familiar yet with how their dual lan failover stuff works. pfSense can do this also. Their netgate devices I hear are nice but pricey. Could...
Back
Top