Recent content by Optrix

  1. O

    Raid for Video Editing Workstation

    It's clear RAID10 is the way to go. Regarding LSI software, the features offered by the 9265-8i are very compelling... what would you suggest instead?
  2. O

    Raid for Video Editing Workstation

    Good call. I'll get one immediately.
  3. O

    Raid for Video Editing Workstation

    Currently, one Live concert edit is approximately 150GB... but I expect this to double as we add more and more cameras. That CacheCade technology is very exciting! And the 2nd Generation SAS controller on the 9265-8i is an equally exciting feature!! Thanks for pointing both of these out!! WOW...
  4. O

    Raid for Video Editing Workstation

    Just looked at prices for UPS's... my current PSU is 850w... according to online charts I would need a UPS with approximately 1700VA.. wowzers! What would happen to my RAID if there is a power-cut during capturing? I expect the data file being captured would be damaged, but what about my...
  5. O

    Raid for Video Editing Workstation

    Hi Red Falcon, thanks for your reply. I've now looked at WD RE SAS, WD RE4 SATA, Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000, & Seagate Constellation ES SAS. The Seagate Constellation drives are €200 for 2TB with a little 16MB cache... they are the only SAS drive readily available here in Austria. Is this...
  6. O

    Raid for Video Editing Workstation

    I'm don't mind sacrificing storage... I'm pushing the boundary of video graphics and a big part of that is pushing the hardware to its limits. It's big time fun! + Having hard working tools rocks!! It enables creativity... and in turn increases my client base... yes Raid 10 could be the winner...
  7. O

    Raid for Video Editing Workstation

    I have just made room for one extra drive.. so 9 in total.. would it make sense to run a Raid5 or Raid6 rather than Raid10 for the Editing portion?
  8. O

    Raid for Video Editing Workstation

    Space wise I need an additional 4TB for the next 3 months. I will spend money on the parts that expand possibilities, like the raid card. Yet I think it makes no sense to buy Enterprise drives when the drives will be on for 2 days (extensive editing session) then off over night, maybe for a few...
  9. O

    Raid for Video Editing Workstation

    Hi all I need help selecting parts for a Video Editing Workstation. I've been reading a lot of sites and found some very helpful information here on HF. Current system: + Win7 64bit on a OCZ Revo2 + 4x 2TB WD Black's running Raid10 onboard Intel raid. + EVGA E760 x58 mainboard + i7 980x...
Back
Top