• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by omegadot

  1. O

    Halo: The Master Chief Collection May Finally Be Fixed

    Sadly it seemed to have reset my Halo 1 save state. Not a big deal but it was irritating. I mostly bought it for the single player experience, although it's nice to get into a match or two within like 20 minutes when I do feel like going online.
  2. O

    8 Things Anita Sarkeesian Wants To Change About Video Games

    Eh, screw it, just for balance I'll say I'd love to see these additions. Get some more variety from the AAA domain that is risk averse and heavily guided by older traditions. I play games with my wife all the time and she certainly identifies with her avatar differently than I do. I'm like...
  3. O

    Hulu and Pizza Hut Are Teaming Up

    I can already order pizza without interrupting my movie viewing. With a phone. Or just about any other internet connected device I own.
  4. O

    Microsoft Bringing Back Start Menu And Windowed Apps

    I just hope I can still hit the start key and go straight to a search. I really have no use for the start menu in my day to day computing since I just use the pin to bar for everything I use heavily.
  5. O

    Free to Play: The Movie

    I enjoyed it alot. The comment about pro gamers aging out around late 20s due to slowing hands/eyes was entertaining. It would be neat to see something regarding the build of pro gaming over the last 15ish years. I competed fairly regularly in the early 2000s at various games (mostly CS...
  6. O

    File-Sharing Boosts Creation of New Hit Music?

    Some of those maturities and dysfunctions that can cause people to make really compelling music also tends to tear up bands. One thing I will admit is I don't know a lot of bands where I like more than 3 CDs in their library. Whether their lineup went through a major change or I just didn't...
  7. O

    File-Sharing Boosts Creation of New Hit Music?

    I can't imagine how music is hard to find now. I can load up spotify and browse other people's lists. I can go to nme's web site. I can type random shit into pandora and be greeted with loads of good music. I find new acts on nearly a monthly basis to add to my rotation of long time...
  8. O

    Facebook Tests ''Save for Later'' Option

    I do frequently check mine before work. It could be handy but tends to be redundant with the 8000 other news feeds I have.
  9. O

    Microsoft Slammed For Sexist Xbox One Ad

    I admit I am judgmental as all get out of his picture. I already hate him.
  10. O

    Microsoft Slammed For Sexist Xbox One Ad

    I expected something like the Home Depot ad we saw a few weeks back. This is really very tame. The reference to Mad Men had me thinking the worst when this was at best a little juvenile and not all that funny. I'm all for thinking about the effects of what you say or write, but come on.
  11. O

    Winamp Is Officially Dead

    I use this off and on. I usually lean towards audacity because I'm normally in linux. In Windows its a great little app. I just do recordings for fun and with friends were I don't need to worry about stomping out any and all imperfection. It does work just fine in WINE last I checked but...
  12. O

    MPAA And Google Square Off Over Pirate Search Results

    MPAA reminds me of a shithead kid who's parents died. You can almost feel bad for him but he's just too much of a dick.
  13. O

    Valve to Release Own Console-Like PC for the Living Room

    Its a well known fact that every programmer is the best programmer ever. Once the word competence comes up, RUN AWAY!!! Neat news, if only for my linux box. My Windows HD is currently sitting on a table so this support would make my laziness a lot easier to bear. I really only play Valve...
  14. O

    Time Warner CEO: Cord Cutters Not An Issue

    I never watched TV when I lived at home at all. Been out of the house about 8 years now and I watch a decent amount of shows on newer media. I have no real concept for how lucrative my usage is but I'm a person that would never get one of the packaged services piped to my house. Seems like...
  15. O

    Walmart Fires Employees Who Smashed iPads

    There's no good excuse for being a shit head.
Back
Top