Recent content by Obdicutmodo

  1. O

    Havok comments on GRAW

    McNasty-- I assume you know that the games market for consoles is far bigger than for PCs, so having 112 titles on consoles, 38 on PCs sounds like a rather successful market penetration, especially for something you're charging for-- unlike Ageia. The games market isn't really divided up...
  2. O

    Havok comments on GRAW

    McNasty-- I work in the industry-- I assume you do to. If you work in the industry, call Ubisoft, and want to know something that's relatively public information, you'll be able to find out. I'm shocked by your manners. I'm not disappointed in programmers. Programmers are driven by...
  3. O

    Ageia's Response to Havok's Claims

    The main thing that strikes me in their reply is that they keep blurring the difference between the PhysX chip and the PhysX physics API-- the Novadex engine that they bought and modified some. This is, to me, the most dishonest part of their marketing. It also looks like Ubisoft might...
  4. O

    1000 boxes/pipes/cans will it bog down your network?

    Daerella, shadowwyvern, Both of those resolutions would be highly problematic. If the game is entirely reliant on the server to process all of the physics related information, then the server will have to be, well, massively superpowered, or the physics effects would have to be basically...
  5. O

    Ageia's PhysX Needs a Killer App @ [H] Enthusiast

    Spewn The Ageia API for physics, which takes advantage of the PPU, does not come close to a real-world physics simulation. Like all gaming-oriented physics engines, it makes large numbers of approximations in order to effectively simulate multiple interactions. There are already a lot of...
  6. O

    1000 boxes/pipes/cans will it bog down your network?

    Psychoace-- This is one of the main reasons I'm very skeptical about the PPU ever having strong adoption. Cell Factor, which is supposed to be the "killer app" for Ageia-- I've never even seen them claim it will work over the internet. I've only seen claims for LAN play. With latency...
  7. O

    Havok comments on GRAW

    Pakotlar, Terra I think you guys are making a mistake in your argument with Magoo. He's right to point out that the physics are not truly interactive in a realistic fashion. He's right to point out the Ageia chip is an accelerator. The Ageia chip does not simulate a real-world...
Back
Top