Recent content by npg1981

  1. N

    SAS Expander Issues on Linux

    Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for all the suggestions. We were finally able to determine that the issue appears to be driver-related. Unfortunately, the current mvsas driver doesn't have very good (if any) support for SAS expanders. The version included in the most recent Mandriva...
  2. N

    SAS Expander Issues on Linux

    This is a total noob question, but how do I post this issue to the linux scsi mailing list? :)
  3. N

    SAS Expander Issues on Linux

    I was able to try both a more recent kernel (2.6.34.7-tmb-server-2mdv) and jumpering all the drives into 1.5Gb PHY mode, but unfortunately neither has worked so far. Things did seem to look good when I first ran mdadm -- the drive lights on all the drives lit up and /proc/mdstat showed an...
  4. N

    SAS Expander Issues on Linux

    I'll give the 1.5gb PHY option a try, I just need to dig up some jumpers first...
  5. N

    SAS Expander Issues on Linux

    I'm trying to build a RAID6 array and I'm having problems initializing the array. As far as I can tell I'm doing everything right, so I'm wondering if there are some lingering compatibility issues. I have a Habey DS-1280 Storage Array enclosure. This is a 12-bay box that has an LSI SASx12A...
Back
Top