Recent content by novemberrain

  1. N

    Best arm for triple 28" LCD's?

    I'm looking for the same thing, except for 24" lcd's. I'd like to be able to fit bigger ones in the future though. But it is impossible to find anything reasonable locally so I'm thinking a more sturdier and permanent DIY setup for 24" screens. These TN panels are so cheap that if and when I get...
  2. N

    Nvidia 3d Vision users..Is it worth it?

    Absolutely it's worth it. But I'm unsure whether it's worth the money... I bought shutter 3d glasses for $10 off ebay and used them with my 24" crt and pretty much only games i played were cod series, but it was definitely worth it. But I still wouldn't buy a 22" monitor and glasses for...
  3. N

    27" IPS 2560 x 1440 for new iMac, standalone display coming?

    Don't be fooled by the mac gui. I get the same feeling on a pc everytime I change skin/theme. New always looks so much better and sharper and everything to me, guess I don't see the details after I get used to something. Same thing happens when I occasionally use a mac, haven't tried the very...
  4. N

    Time to switch from CRT?

    The only monitors that could be even compared are those two 120hz ones. But they're 1680x1050, I'd wait for the 1080p ones to show up before buying a new one. But because those cheapo lcds are so cheap, You could buy a 60hz acer just like this http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1466381...
  5. N

    Acer 120Hz 23.6" 1920x1080 LCD... but it's orange!

    I couldn't care less if it's orange if it is 1080p and 120hz :D Glossy is bad though, but I'm sure as soon as they get the first ones out there will be a flood on 24" 120hz diplays.
  6. N

    27" IPS 2560 x 1440 for new iMac, standalone display coming?

    Well there are the 2048x1152 panels and they hardly cost any more than 1080p. 2560x1440 sounds a lot sweeter though...
  7. N

    Worth upgrade? 1680x1050 20inch monitor to 1080p 24inch

    Do you already have two displays? I couldn't live without two so get 1080p for primary and keep the old as secondary. I wouldn't call it a huge upgrade though but considering they're cheap I'd say go for it.
  8. N

    27" IPS 2560 x 1440 for new iMac, standalone display coming?

    Something actually useful from Apple, oh my. What if I bought the iMac and threw the "iMac" part out the window, would it work as a normal display? And snowdog, You could potentially use a 30" display for ten years, but enthusiast who's paying 1700$ for a monitor wouldn't be very happy if it...
  9. N

    BenQ G2411HD vs G2420HD screen size

    I actually measured the hd2411, it's 61cm which is exactly 24" The only difference between the two is that 2420 is glossy.
  10. N

    Third monitor without going sli?

    No need to buy PCI card when he has PCI-E slots. I already posted the cheapest option. PCI card works too though, just cost twice as much and may have driver conflicts. Only con is that PCI-E may need a little hacking to make it fit unless the x1 slots are left open (in some mobos they are in...
  11. N

    Third monitor without going sli?

    No you don't. Even though You dont mention yor mobo in your sig, if you have a 754-mobo you can add one or more gpu's. Any pci-e slot will do, even the x1 slots. They can't be used for sli of course, but work just fine for additional displays. Just get this for example...
  12. N

    Dual heads or dual cards?

    There's no difference. Single is the way to go. If you want more GPU power with Crossfire/SLi setup then it's a different thing. But then you have to connect both monitors in the same card anyway because sli/crossfire does not support outputs in multiple cards (at least they didn't some time...
  13. N

    2233RZ vs T220

    Absolutely true, and the test is wrong too. That is the problem, any display outside their native resolution/refresh rate will show more or less lag. Test should be done at 120hz, but finding a crt capable of 1680x1050@120hz is difficult, but not impossible.
  14. N

    2233RZ vs T220

    Do You have any reliable source for this because I believe this is false and due to a few idiots making a review of something they don't understand. But anyway, 120hz is always better than 60hz, and even more if (and when) theres no need to use vsync. If you can afford it and like online gaming...
  15. N

    LCD vs CRT black level

    If You'd put a black picture in it could you still tell it's on? I like to use black screen saver (but no auto off) and often forget my monitors on because it is impossible to tell if tey're on or not no matter how dark room. Now I'd imagine that they have infinite contrast ratio because isn't...
Back
Top