Recent content by NotAFattyDotCom

  1. N

    Detection of IDE drives

    How come everytime I boot up it takes the time to detect the IDE drives? Shouldn't it just do that once and like save it?? The detection is set to auto, and if I change it to anything else it won't find my hard drive and won't boot up. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. N

    Problem booting... PLZ help!!!

    I had the boot order Floppy > Hard drive > CD-rom. But then I would need boot disk, then s switch to Cd-Rom first, and now it will say to boot from CD press any key, and then it owuld go . . . . and then boot right up. But that's the only way it will boot up to windows on the computer currently.
  3. N

    Problem booting... PLZ help!!!

    It's not a SATA Drive, just a typical Western Digital 160gig Hard drive...
  4. N

    Problem booting... PLZ help!!!

    Well if I set up to boot from hard disk it will say boot error, insert disk to boot from disk. And then I do and it will boot from hard drive. But it seems as if the drive is using the disk as a cruth to give it a boost or something??
  5. N

    IDE Detecting o_O

    I guess that's the problem then, it doesn't save it. It's a giga-byte GA-K8U-939 motherboard with 4400+ AMD Dual Core processor
  6. N

    IDE Detecting o_O

    But that's the problem.... It is under auto detect....
  7. N

    Problem booting... PLZ help!!!

    How come I need my boot up disk EVERYTIME I start my computer or else it won't boot?? I just installed a new motherboard and processor into it and reinstalled Windows.. Are there any solutions to this??
  8. N

    IDE Detecting o_O

    Okay, before the computer gets to the actual loading of windows. (You know where like it shows specs for video card and processor and stuff.) Well EVERYTIME I load up my computer, it's always detecting the IDE drives and it's very time consuming. Is there any way to get around this?? I mean I...
  9. N

    Problem booting

    How come I need my boot up disk EVERYTIME I start my computer or else it won't boot?? I just installed a new motherboard and processor into it and reinstalled Windows.. Are there any solutions to this??
  10. N

    Problem booting help plz???

    Okay, I had an eMachine computer, and I decided that I wanted to upgrade my motherboard and Processor. So I replaced them. I know have a 4400+ Dual core AMD processor (socket 939). Now I know my motherboard and processor are compatible with each other. (Both socket 939) And before people told me...
  11. N

    Help me get my computer going plz!!!

    Alright, thanks a lot for you help.
  12. N

    Help me get my computer going plz!!!

    I don't have windows though, so I'm like screwed unlil I buy it??
  13. N

    Help me get my computer going plz!!!

    I don't have a formatte drive, it has to be one? I can't just replace an old mobo??
  14. N

    Help me get my computer going plz!!!

    Yeah both are plugged in.
Back
Top