Recent content by Noriym

  1. N

    Samsung PLS - s27a850d - fantastic.

    As a recent purchaser of the S27A850D (you can see a post of mine on page 3) I must agree with djsinae that it was much brighter than I anticipated. I have lowered the contrast and brightness very low but the blacks are not too black. Ironically I was also upgrading from my old 2405 which has...
  2. N

    Monitors for Portrait mode

    If you're interested in 27" the Samsung S27A850D PLS, 2560x1440 screen can do Portrait and it's ~$850.
  3. N

    Samsung PLS - s27a850d - fantastic.

    I'm really eyeing this monitor because of: 1) 27" 2) Portrait Mode support 3) 1440 4) PLS Tech This is for gaming, mainly for Diablo 3. :D I do coding too. I have a i5 2600 system with SLI 460s I've been trying to wait for the next big thing but nothing from CES seemed better.
  4. N

    Seeking advice on upgrade from 460GTX

    Thanks guys. I may go with a another 460GTX 1GB for now since it is so cheap, but it sounds like I need to upgrade the rest of the rig before I'll see a real difference. I'll double check that I meet the power and slots requirements first.
  5. N

    Seeking advice on upgrade from 460GTX

    So I currently have a 460GTX 1GB Also rig is kinda old: Dell XPS720 E6850 3.0Ghz 2CPU 4GB ram :o I'm going to upgrade my monitor soon to 2560x1440 :cool: I'd like to run Diablo 3 and Skyrim at that res (maybe lower for Skyrim) Should I: 1) SLI another 460GTX? 2) Upgrade to card X...
Back
Top