• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by nk215

  1. N

    $15k to spend - What would you do?

    QUOTE="Rison, post: 1042531897, member: 233900"]We replaced heartbeat switches, tried direct xover cabling but data pools kept messing up / dropping / not updating regularly. That' maybe your issue. You can't use the switch between the 2 heart beat LAN ports (they must be the same LAN port on...
  2. N

    ZFS powered all-in-one with GPU passthrough

    I don't think you can use Quadro K620 in neither vDGA (PCI pass thru) or sVGA (software share) with VMWare. You may want to do a quick test to be sure. Quadro K2000 works (or the older Quadro 4000 works too).
  3. N

    $15k to spend - What would you do?

    I think we were over thinking the solution. Current setup: 1 ESXi host, 1 NAS To minimize run time, I would just double what the current setup is. + 2 Synology NAS units in HA setup. With the current budget, I would just use SSD in raid 6 or 1. + 2 ESXi hosts. There's no real local...
  4. N

    Cost of VM software?

    For a basic server/client setup. Here’s what you’ll need: CPU/Motherboard that support virtualization (VT-x) and direct I/O (VT-d). VT-d allow you to give the guest virtual machine direct access to the hardware. It’s important to pass-through the VGA cards and HBA card for...
  5. N

    is there a point in getting a better GPU in my ESXi?

    Thank you. After alot of reading, I think it's much cheaper to run the cards in vDGA PCI pass-through than trying the get vGPU due to the high cost of GRID cards. I don't think I'll need more than 2-4 Win7 VMs with vDGA. I can get 4 quadro 4000 for much cheaper than a Grid K1/K2.
  6. N

    is there a point in getting a better GPU in my ESXi?

    Hello, I see WEI in the VM guest. With a built VGA, I have a score or 1, with a quadro fx 1700, I have a score of 3. I can buy supported card for ESXi vGPU, however I am using a free ESXi license. Do I need Horizon to take advantage of vGPU? I am very new to virtualization and ESXi. Thanks
  7. N

    is there a point in getting a better GPU in my ESXi?

    Hi everyone, I am setting up a ESXi to host my NAS, a few Win7 VMs (nothing major, just basic office software and maybe Photoshop here and there). I’ll access the Win7 via RPD/RemoteFX/Remote Console Is there a benefit to get a decent GPU into this setup? When I change my graphic cards...
  8. N

    GTX 460 possibly causing hard system crashes?

    I would boot into BIOS setup, go into HW health and watch CPU temperature in there. Leave the computer in BIOS setup mode for a while and see if the temperature is stable.
  9. N

    What motherboard has stayed relevant for you the longest?

    MSI x58m SLI. Have this board (with the i7-950) for about 4.5 years now. Still going strong. I'll put in a Xeon 5650 and will keep the board for another 4-5 years at least. It's for my media server/rendering server and stay on 24/7. Rendering is done with some help from a tesla M2090 GPU...
  10. N

    External SSD

    I did the same thing as DejaWiz. I used a 256G SSD in a USB3 enclosure to take my VM with me. That way can just open the VM right from the SSD with relatively good speed.
  11. N

    Problem with Corsair H100

    I wouldn't worry about it. I use a 120mm radiator with the fan on low and my temp was never an issue. As long as your comp can control the fanspeed, there's nothing to worry about.
Back
Top