Recent content by NimnoX

  1. N

    [H] users 7970 Overclock Results thread

    Artifacting how? If it's blue snow and blue lines, I've found my issue wasn't the card at all. The drivers seem to be my problem, because I could uninstall the drivers and get the auto-detected older version to fix it till reboot. My monitor is a bit older, and it might have something to do...
  2. N

    Arctic Accelero xtreme 7970, anyone have yet?

    Major differences from the 6970 (the xtreme II) to the 7970 kit are as follows: The VRMs are much lower profile, so you need to use the insulating tape over the surface mount resistors left and right of them. I found this a bit annoying. The socket mount has a backplate, sponge, and a lip...
  3. N

    Arctic Accelero xtreme 7970, anyone have yet?

    I've got mine and just finished installing it last night. I'm letting the paste settle in a bit before any burn-in testing, but idle temps have dropped easily 10+ degrees, and it is much quieter overall. The hex review has some major issues that I've contacted them about. They used the wrong...
Back
Top