• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by nikita

  1. N

    Building a 40 TB File server. Advice?

    First off i wanted to thank everyone for their input guidance and suggestions. I've built up this project using the flowing components: 1 x CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-1000HX 1000W 1 x areca ARC-1680IX-24 PCIe x8 SAS RAID Card 1 x areca ARC-6120-3 Controller Card Backup Battery - OEM 1 x NORCO...
  2. N

    Building a 40 TB File server. Advice?

    :) ok what do you recommend?
  3. N

    Building a 40 TB File server. Advice?

    thank you very much drescherjm does everyone agree?
  4. N

    Building a 40 TB File server. Advice?

    some of you guys are missing the point. This is for a photo studio. The purpose of this system is to create a centralized location that will store all their photography over the years. its meant to be a catalog of everything they do. i would like to get close to 35 TB of storage The case allows...
  5. N

    Building a 40 TB File server. Advice?

    the backups would be for data that was added over the last month. not a FULL backup. I would like to rely on raid for data integrity.
  6. N

    Building a 40 TB File server. Advice?

    No, we are looking to do it on blue ray disks, based on monthly additions
  7. N

    Building a 40 TB File server. Advice?

    Yeah i know i wont get to 40 TB. looking for helpful suggestions.
  8. N

    Building a 40 TB File server. Advice?

    Thanks PartyBoy, I am going with windows, since the cataloging software is going to run on it. since i already have a case and i am limited to 20 drives max, what do you think is the raid i should go with in order to get me close to 40 tb. Stability and data integrity are very important, so let...
  9. N

    Building a 40 TB File server. Advice?

    Server will be running server 2008 and workstations are Windows XP/ 7 based
  10. N

    Building a 40 TB File server. Advice?

    the budget for the storage is about 4000- 4500
  11. N

    Building a 40 TB File server. Advice?

    First of thank you so much for many helpful responses. I really appreciate that. Let me give you a little back ground to clear things up. I have a photo studio that need to have an ability to catalog and view and search through their archive. They would like to have a Digital Asset Management...
  12. N

    Ran into problem trying to format friend's hard drive - could really use some help!

    not all usb ports are powered the same way on laptops. You need to plug in both cables. I think it will be ok to unplug the HDD. you may then need to initialize it on disk manger.
  13. N

    Building a 40 TB File server. Advice?

    I work for a photo studio, and we would like to catalog our photos on a central file server. I am looking to build a server with 40TB worth of storage using 2tb black Caviar drives. What sata controller for you recommend, and which raid should i use, in order to assure data protection. I hear...
Back
Top