Recent content by nickay420

  1. N

    Got my new gaming rig from Cyberpower today - it works great!

    btw, Hank Baron at performance-pcs.com does builds now, they do great sleeving jobs, btw. Click on cases; Lian-Li modded cases, and check out Hank's rig @ the top. I'm kind of pissed I didn't know that or I would have called him for a quote before going with CB. Next time I upgrade or have about...
  2. N

    Got my new gaming rig from Cyberpower today - it works great!

    I got what I paid for. I even priced out the components... the savings were marginal. And if anything happens to this build, I can send it back and get it fixed instead of RMAing -> waiting --> repeat. Good luck with yourl build Darris. I had fun modding my first box with an obnoxious amount...
  3. N

    Got my new gaming rig from Cyberpower today - it works great!

    I've built four nightmares. Bad ram, bad mobos, bad bad video cards, lemons not user errors. I was purchasing quality components, just had bad luck with getting lemons. And toasted about a dozen hard drives. Maybe I just have bad luck... lol the computer gods don't like me..
  4. N

    Got my new gaming rig from Cyberpower today - it works great!

    You're right... thanks. good thing I checked the model # before I call to complain. Yeah.. I read a few reviews on Xion's PSU's before I selected it. They were mixed and few. I got it because the cables are mostly sleeved, and don't look as hellish unsleeved as others. I almost got an Ultra...
  5. N

    Got my new gaming rig from Cyberpower today - it works great!

    Why do you say it's a crap PSU? And yeah, I know it's overkill, but I wanted to future-proof my PSU for video card upgrades. My old box had an Enermax Galaxy sleeved by performance-pcs.com Hank Baron is an excellent business man. He custom modified a Lian-Li case for me to my exact...
  6. N

    Got my new gaming rig from Cyberpower today - it works great!

    XION SUPERNOVA AXP 1000w PSU I'm calling them tomorrow. I'm def. not sending it back for a new mobo, video card, and optical drive, but I'll get some $ credited to my card. It was $2188 I also got a NZXT fan controller. I asked them to connect all the fans to it, but they just connected...
  7. N

    Got my new gaming rig from Cyberpower today - it works great!

    I read some mixed reviews about Cyberpower. They did a pretty good job with my PC; nice cable management, everything runs flawlessly. The only complaints I have is i ordered a Samsung DVD RW, but received a generic one. And I asked for a front intake fan for the Raidmax Sagittarius case, and...
  8. N

    Looking to build a system to trounce Crysis

    Looking to build a system around the nforce 790i ultra chipset with 2 9800 GX2's or 3 9800 GTX's. I was looking @ the ASUS Striker II Extreme, it got good webzine reviews, but ok to bad user reviews. i plan to wait until the northbridge matures. Any suggestions on new technology to wait for?
  9. N

    need help Overclocking Opteron 180 on DFI CFX-3200-DR

    Can anyone here please help me overclocking my CPU, and perhaps my RAM and GPU? Current temps running Everest System Stability Test: Core #1 @ near idle - 41.2 C Core #2 @ near idle - 45.7 C Core #1 @ load - 48.8 C Core #1 @ load - 52.6 C --------------------------------- Lian-Li...
  10. N

    Realtek AC97 audio volume problem

    anyone?? (bump)
  11. N

    Need advice on upgrading DDR RAM.

    Anyone have a specific answer?
  12. N

    Comp Randomly Rebooting

    what are your power supply specs?
  13. N

    Need advice on upgrading DDR RAM.

    I need to upgrade my RAM for Vista and gaming. I currently have 2 x 512 MB of OCZ Platinum PC-3200 RAM. They have a chip on them that is no longer manufactured. So I cannot add 2 more of the same. The timings on these are 2-2-2-5. They are not certified by DFI to work on my CFX-3200 dr/g. I...
  14. N

    Realtek AC97 audio volume problem

  15. N

    Realtek AC97 audio volume problem

    ummmmmmm yeah. <-- not a de de de :D
Back
Top