Recent content by nfst

  1. N

    Q87 chipset + omniOS? and judge my build.

    I have the important family pictures/videos backed up onto DVDs and mirrored onto 2 separate drives in cold storage. But the answer is yes, I would be murdered. Not a very convenient backup method, as I have to plug them into my PC to backup with rsync and i definitely agree that I should invest...
  2. N

    Q87 chipset + omniOS? and judge my build.

    You left me with lots of helpful information. The ASRock board I mentioned though does have ECC support. If I do go the route of using KVM/Virtualbox with the ASRock board, should I go with a board with the C222 chipset instead of the Q87? I was going to order 8gb ($100) with intention to...
  3. N

    Q87 chipset + omniOS? and judge my build.

    I'm building a low-power home NAS / virtualization box. I thought that this build would go in this forum because of compatibility questions with NAS OS, mod feel free to move if it belongs in the hardware pc build section. I plan to use it to serve NFS shares to 2 computers for music, pictures...
Back
Top