Recent content by newbcake

  1. N

    First-time builder need advice picking out 1300ish gaming rig

    Nevermind, looks like in my excitement I forgot to install the motherboard standoffs lol. Installing Windows 7 now.
  2. N

    First-time builder need advice picking out 1300ish gaming rig

    I purchased the components I had listed above and tried building it today. Having some trouble getting it to POST. I have everything wired and connected, and the CPU fan, case fan, and graphics card fan are all spinning. The lights on the HDD and optical drive are flashing and no danger LEDs on...
  3. N

    First-time builder need advice picking out 1300ish gaming rig

    Ok, made a couple changes. I checked the mobo specs and it says it doesn't support 1600 RAM, so I went to 1333. Also, I changed the case to NZXT M59. If the PSU needs to be bottom-mounted in this case, will that be compatible with the antec 750 PSU I have? $200 - i7 920 $80 - Antec...
  4. N

    First-time builder need advice picking out 1300ish gaming rig

    Hi all! Long time lurker on this forum, and I think I'm about ready to start on my first PC build. I would really appreciate any help anyone can offer on making this build more efficient or economical. 1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc Mainly gaming...
Back
Top