Recent content by Neufusion

  1. N

    What to upgrade for gaming? Intel Q9450 (2.66GHz x 4), 4GB RAM, ATI 7850 2GB

    I meant would my current HSF work with the new Z87 motherboard. Not sure the exact model, but it's a thermaltake that looks almost identical to this one https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002026
  2. N

    What to upgrade for gaming? Intel Q9450 (2.66GHz x 4), 4GB RAM, ATI 7850 2GB

    Or do you guys happen to know if a HUGE radiator/heat pipe type cooler with 120mm fan would fit the same motherboard holes as my old Q9450?
  3. N

    What to upgrade for gaming? Intel Q9450 (2.66GHz x 4), 4GB RAM, ATI 7850 2GB

    Thanks for the info. Does the 4670K overclock well with the stock cooler?
  4. N

    What to upgrade for gaming? Intel Q9450 (2.66GHz x 4), 4GB RAM, ATI 7850 2GB

    Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 550W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Power Supply http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817103931 Antec P182SE Silver Mirror-finished stainless steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129026
  5. N

    What to upgrade for gaming? Intel Q9450 (2.66GHz x 4), 4GB RAM, ATI 7850 2GB

    Why do you recommend the 4670K over the cheaper 4670? Looks like they are the same CPU except the 4670K lacks Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) and Trusted Execution Technology.
  6. N

    What to upgrade for gaming? Intel Q9450 (2.66GHz x 4), 4GB RAM, ATI 7850 2GB

    I have a high end antec case and a high wattage power supply. Save $6.50 over what? What CPU would you go with?
  7. N

    What to upgrade for gaming? Intel Q9450 (2.66GHz x 4), 4GB RAM, ATI 7850 2GB

    Case and PSU are good. I play all kinds of games. I have game ADD and change between the latest games often. My monitor is currently 1680x1050. Looks like the Intel i5-3350p is the best bang for the buck at the moment?
  8. N

    What to upgrade for gaming? Intel Q9450 (2.66GHz x 4), 4GB RAM, ATI 7850 2GB

    The Q9450 can be overclocked to 3.5GHz from what I've read.
  9. N

    What to upgrade for gaming? Intel Q9450 (2.66GHz x 4), 4GB RAM, ATI 7850 2GB

    Don't really have a set budget... I was more wondering if my CPU can handle games fine, could handle a 2nd video card, etc to see what my options are and then see how much it would cost.
  10. N

    What to upgrade for gaming? Intel Q9450 (2.66GHz x 4), 4GB RAM, ATI 7850 2GB

    Just wondering what I should think about upgrading on my system. I used to spend all day researching this stuff myself, just too busy these days and figured some of you may already have the answers. I need more RAM, want to add another video card to crossfire, and need SATA3. My current...
  11. N

    2gb REQUIRED for max/ultra settings in BF3 (and others)

    Just picked up a 7850 OC 1GB after seeing the nice $150AR deal thinking it would allow me to play ultra settings in BF3 but it kept doing this weird 0 FPS lag occasionally. Bumped up to the 2GB and everything runs perfect. Luckily the 2GB was only $165AR. Monitored my VRAM while playing and BF3...
  12. N

    Intel Q9450 Real Temp 73C

    I'm trying to hold out on griding away my 3 year $350 warranty... =]
  13. N

    Intel Q9450 Real Temp 73C

    It's been a couple days now. It's been through a few power cycles and prime95 crunching sessions. my stats: (Real Temp 2.60 / tjmax 95) "Idle" Temp (Vista, Outlook, IE, etc.) 55/55/42/42 Max Temps: (Prime95) 60/60/51/51 It's crazy how fast this thing cools down. If I turn off...
  14. N

    Intel Q9450 Real Temp 73C

    This shouldn't be a heatsink issue, because the same difference in core temp was present with the stock HS/F as with the aftermarket TRUE HS/F. Stock Temps Under a minute of Prime95, it went up to 73/73/66/68 TRUE Temps wtih prime95 running for > 5 minutes went up to 59/59/45/46 The...
  15. N

    Intel Q9450 Real Temp 73C

    Just replaced the stock HS/F with a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme. Temps wtih prime95 running 4 threads for > 5 minutes are 59/59/45/46 Is it normal for the first two cores to be ~15C higher?
Back
Top