• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by nerdpulse

  1. N

    16x vs. 8x for SLI

    650i mobo performs just as well as a 680i with GTX's in SLI according to that article. Apparently we're not using any more bandwidth than 8x/8x yet. The performance bumps that veedubfreak is talking about might have come from other chipset features perhaps?
  2. N

    16x vs. 8x for SLI

    How much of a difference in fps do you think it made? Just curious, I haven't been able to get a definitive answer for whether the 8800GT in sli would actually require and/or use the bandwidth provided by 16x/16x.
  3. N

    How much memory bandwidth does the 8800gt use in SLI?

    How much bandwidth does the 8800gt use in SLI? Is it going to be necessary to buy a motherboard that has 16x/16x pcie slots in SLI or is 8x/8x going to be enough to run 8800gt's in SLI for now until I can afford a better board? I don't want to bottleneck the cards because of pcie...
  4. N

    I think I may have fried something

    By the time the monitor stopped working, I didn't have access to the bios because I couldn't see it. And the computer was set to automatically restart after the fatal error/BSOD so I didn't get a chance to look at it. Also I know it wasn't the power supply because since then I swapped power...
  5. N

    I think I may have fried something

    Okay, so my son's computer was having issues booting up. First thing that happened was he got a BSOD while playing a game (which doesn't narrow anything down) then when it booted back up and got to the desktop, as soon as you clicked on the start button, it would freeze solid and become...
  6. N

    Tax refund time is here, time to build a new rig! Advice?

    Yes, I am terrible at saving money as well, and having a computer habit isn't exactly cheap. Combine that + my salary and you have a recipe for a poor man's christmas for sho. Great suggestions from everyone, thanks so much for the input. I'm doing crazy research right now, I'll post specs...
  7. N

    to RAID or not to RAID

  8. N

    to RAID or not to RAID

    Actually I was thinking of 2 160g sata2 drives (on sale right now for like $40 after rebates at compusa) or if I should get a higher performance single drive
  9. N

    to RAID or not to RAID

    In a new system built mostly for gaming, would I be better off getting one huge hard drive or two mediums and setting up raid striping? Which would perform better?
  10. N

    Tax refund time is here, time to build a new rig! Advice?

    What about the eVGA 8800 GTS? Those seem to be getting pretty gnarly reviews
  11. N

    What could this be...

    Looks like heat issues to me to, I would clear the dust on the video card and see if that clears it up. Look into installing a pci fan card below your video card as well, that can help with VGA heat. Hope that helps!
  12. N

    Never thought I would ask this

    I agree, get a 7600GT, those are still workhorses for most games
  13. N

    Tax refund time is here, time to build a new rig! Advice?

    I'm using a 19" Dell LCD, how does SLI and Xfire affect it differently?
  14. N

    Tax refund time is here, time to build a new rig! Advice?

    oh yeah, should I get water cooling? and I'd like to get a good screwless case if possible.
  15. N

    Tax refund time is here, time to build a new rig! Advice?

    I'm expecting to have around $1500-$1700 on my tax refund to spend on a new system. What should I get, should I try to go single video card, go SLI, or go with a Dual GPU single PCIE card? CPU/MoBo? Hard drives/Ram? I know it's a limited budget, but we're not all Bill Gates, right...
Back
Top