• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by nebulous1979

  1. N

    Internet Will Run Out of IP Addresses by 2010

    Whoa, 128 bit addresses? That seems a bit overkill, considering 64 bit addresses would still give you like 3 billion addresses PER PERSON. One downside is that you'll have to send those extra address bits, which could significantly impact applications with small packets, such as games...
  2. N

    Wierd memory problems when overclocking (e8400, p7n sli platinum)

    I have the same main board and processor, with a 2x2GB Dominator PC2-1066 kit. I've had no problems running at 1333 FSB / 1066 memory (5:8 ratio). I haven't had enough time to try overclocking myself, but here's a forum where one guy was able to pass 3DMark06 with his P7N Plat and E8400 @ 4050...
  3. N

    MSI P7N SLI Platinum @ [H]

    It looks like G.Skill isn't on MSI's "Supported Memory" list, which includes: Buffalo Crucial Corsair Kingston Mushkin OCZ Technology Before my P7N Plat, I had problems with an EVGA 680i not posting with some Kingston DDR2-1066 memory, unless I used the 2 slots farthest...
  4. N

    MSI P7N SLI Platinum @ [H]

    Well, I got XP 64 up and running. I did have a problem with getting HDD errors (showed up in the event viewer) followed a hard lock when the HDD was working really hard. After disabling command queuing on the Nvidia SATA controller, everything is running smoothly again. That's more of an...
  5. N

    MSI P7N SLI Platinum @ [H]

    GunSpeed, yeah, it's 4 GB. Specifically this kit. Sure, I could try it with one stick, but then it wouldn't be dual channel. Are you thinking one of the 2 sticks could still be bad, or that it has to do with dual channel? Well, I got the replacement today, so I'll go install XP Pro 64 bit...
  6. N

    MSI P7N SLI Platinum @ [H]

    I don't want to be too long winded, but here's what my experience has been with the P7N Platinum so far. I installed it with an E8400, some corsair dominator DDR2-1066, and Vista 64 bit, and ended up with stability problems. I just get hard lockups at random times, even at stock speeds...
Back
Top