• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by n_o_t_o

  1. N

    Shuttle XPC Turns Back On Automatically After Shut Down???

    Haha! Yeah... I agree.... it's an omen!
  2. N

    Shuttle XPC Turns Back On Automatically After Shut Down???

    Yeah. I placed the heat sink on last night. Sure does stick to the hard drive. :) I do believe it's the video card making all the noise. I went to the BIOS and set the fan to low and then to medium. Did not hear a difference so it's definitely the freakin video card. I guess I'll have to buy...
  3. N

    Shuttle XPC Turns Back On Automatically After Shut Down???

    I have the fan setting in the bios set to the "Smart" setting, but it still sounds almost as loud as my older Antec Performance P-160WF. http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=81602 . If I bring the fan down to the low setting, the CPU temp goes up quite a bit. I used Arctic Silver 5...
  4. N

    Shuttle XPC Turns Back On Automatically After Shut Down???

    Yup... I'm sure it's not rebooting. It completely shuts down. Then 5-10 minutes later it turns back on. Wake On LAN should be disabled but I will double check when I get home tonight. I will also check the Power Management settings under Windows for the Ethernet card. Hopefully Wake on LAN...
  5. N

    Shuttle XPC Turns Back On Automatically After Shut Down???

    Hi guys, I just put together a new Shuttle SB86i last night. Installed Windows XP PRO, ran all the updates etc. I've only installed Norton AV, and MediaPortal (Media Center Software). I turned the pc off last night and when I woke up, it was on. I figured I probably did not choose Shut Down or...
  6. N

    Building New Shuttle SB86i - Metal/Aluminum Plates?

    Never mind. I called Shuttle Tech support. I had a feeling they were heat sinks...but was not sure what for. They're heat sinks for the hard drives supposedly. ;)
  7. N

    Building New Shuttle SB86i - Metal/Aluminum Plates?

    Hi guys! New here. I'm building my first SFF system. I'm using a Shuttle SB86i mostly for the onboard features like Card Reader, digital audio out/in and I like the way it looks. Will fit in nicely with my home theater system. Yes, I know... there may be some heat issues, specially since I will...
Back
Top