• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by n3w813

  1. N

    Ok so I've think I've got a mean Q6600

    How come CPU-Z is not reporting the vcore? Are you sure it is running stock vcore? If it is on Auto in the BIOS, the motherboard may be raising the vcore automatically for a stable overclock. To get the stock VID for your Q6600, you can use CoreTemp; I've seen VID ranging from 1.21v to 1.31v...
  2. N

    thermalright ultra 120 install question

    The plastic piece's function is exactly that, to prevent shorting with the motherboard. I used it in my setup. When I first installed my U120, I didn't install the plastic piece, thinking it was not needed. But I took everything out and installed it couple weeks ago. With it installed, it...
  3. N

    Got my Q6600 G0 @ 3.6 running stable on air

    Finally got my quad stable and under the temps I want at 3.6 last night with some additional fans. P95 small fft 8 hr stable, blend 8 hr stable. Crysis 4 hr stable :D Will run 24 hr when I have time.....(i doubt it, since it's my gaming rig :p) Q6600 @ 9x400 3.6ghz Thermalright Ultra-120...
  4. N

    I think I have a really good Q6600, help me take it to 3.6

    Since nobody wanted to help me......I decided to help myself. :D Over the weekend, I removed my ultra-120 and cleaned off the AS5, and remounted the ultra-120 with AS5 VERY carefully with minimal hsf movement. I also decided to keep the orientation of my machine horizontal instead of vertical...
  5. N

    I think I have a really good Q6600, help me take it to 3.6

    First my current setup, Q6600 @ 9x378 3.4ghz Thermalright Ultra-120 with 1 Scythe F 120mm AS5 Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB DDR2-907(5:6) 5-5-5-15 2T (factory 4-4-4-12) Asus P5K-E Antec NeoPower 650w Antec P182 case, w/3 120mm fans vCPU 1.3250v(bios) 1.296v(cpuz idle) 1.288v(cpuz full...
  6. N

    Overclock testing the [H] way...

    I got a Q6600 and a Asus P5K-E that I can't get pass 3.4GHz (9x378). What voltage settings do you have for your vcore, fsb, nb, and sb? And What temps are you getting full load from core temp? Thanks
  7. N

    6800 GTO, not as bad as everyone thought: 11,453 3dMark

    I totally forgot about quality settings I've made to the drivers and Direct3D panel in rivatuner. I mainly use my PC for playing DVDs w/ffdshow postprocessing, and I jacked up all the quality related settings. So I revert bk to defaults in RT, and in Nvidia driver control panel, I set...
  8. N

    6800 GTO, not as bad as everyone thought: 11,453 3dMark

    I'll try 400 tonite, but will 25mhz core increase have that big of an impact?? I did a clean install of MCE2005 so it's pretty clean; I pulled out the 400gb, and put in 2 120gb in raid0 configuration. All unneeded services have been disabled. No antivirus software. Also, my 3dmark03 score...
  9. N

    6800 GTO, not as bad as everyone thought: 11,453 3dMark

    I've gotten my pixel and vertex pipes unclocked without any problems. Here is my question, I got a Dell Dimension 8400, prolly the same with everyone else who got on the 40% off deal. Anyway, my 3dmark05 score out of the box was ~3300 (pre-unlock pipes). After I unlocked the pipes to 16x1...
Back
Top