Recent content by N3RO

  1. N

    Dell Poweredge 2410 cabinet question

    Hello, I've a Dell Poweredge 2410 cabinet and I'm facing some issues installing the roof top panel. I would like check how can I install/retain the roof top. Manuals don't refer for this. I suppose that these latches are responsible for retaining but I don't see where/how to fix them...
  2. N

    P800 + MSA70 or DIY DAS

    Hello, I'm getting a DL160 G6 + P800 controller with external SAS ports. Server supports SFF HDDs that I'll fill with small SSDs and some 72 or 146GB 10k SAS drives for VM running. For cold storage I was planing to get one MSA50 or MSA70 for LFF SATA drives however they support only 1.5G...
  3. N

    Supermicro 5016T-TB 1U - Xeon L5520

    Price drop to 150£ :)
  4. N

    Supermicro 5016T-TB 1U - Xeon L5520

    Hello, Put this one for sale on eBay yesterday. Supermicro 5016T-TB L5520 1U Server Max 24GB RAM | eBay It's a single socket LGA1366. It's overpriced to deal with best offer. Will ship worldwide. Thanks!
  5. N

    Your home ESX server lab hardware specs?

    With the same ~US$300 can I expect some motherboard/CPU combo brand new from Intel or AMD?
  6. N

    Your home ESX server lab hardware specs?

    Workload is minimal. I found HP Z600 workstation for 219€ (No CPU/RAM/HDDs). Would be a good choice for virtualization?
  7. N

    Your home ESX server lab hardware specs?

    Maybe some AMD build.
  8. N

    Your home ESX server lab hardware specs?

    Good morning, I'm looking for 2 Hosts for Hyper-V (or ESX) for lab purposes. In the past I had two DL160 G6 servers however they are noisy and I really don't need two sockets per host. Could you advise me some cheap configs in ATX format or similar? Thanks
Back
Top