Recent content by MrFoof

  1. M

    mITX, 4 SATA, low power mobile support?

    Don't need a power-hungry CPU. This is basically a NAS device. This device isn't ripping the DVDs (I have a C2D to do that, which will eventually be a Quad), it's just tons and tons of general storage (four 1TB disks being likely, which also rules out laptop drives). For the time being all my...
  2. M

    mITX, 4 SATA, low power mobile support?

    Been googling, haven't found too much, so I figure I come here. Here's the project. Ripping DVDs. H.264 encoding so I can just keep them all in a box in the closet. Media is consumed by a computer, iPhone, and eventually a TV (through some sort of media extender). Lots of storage. Ideally...
  3. M

    Apple TV: The New HD Format?

    Close, but not quite. Though they made me think about giving them my money this time. ----- ----- ----- I'm not a Netflix subscriber, but I gift the $9.99/mo subscription to 3 people every Xmas. These folks get 4 DVDs a month. Sometimes 5 (though rarely). That works out to $2.50 per...
Back
Top