Free bump for OP because fellow well satisfied 5950X owner here. If you work or create, encode video, or even for gaming it's still quite the beast when paired with a reasonably capable GPU. It makes my previous X99 based daily driver with its Core i7 6900K feel sluggish by comparison (which...
Outside of the GeForce 8800 GT first reference design (with smaller fan intake and blades than what shipped on later partner cards or on all 9600 GT cards) when overheating, or first generation Fermi (specifically the GTX 470 and especially the GTX 480, good lord), every nVIDIA blower card I've...
Yeah I detest virtually all the partner card designs. 3-4 slot 3 fan bricks so heavy you need a literal metal pole to support and could kill someone if you hit them in the head hard enough with it... I miss the single slot and 2-slot days (blower designs especially because it's not dumping all...
The GPU works perfectly in both 2D and 3D, but it sits unused in a box and I could use the cash since I had to replace about $600 worth of computer hardware in the last month and a half... As much as I'd like to keep it I'd rather sell and after I recover a bit watch and wait for another card...
I wish I had the funds for a 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus (because that is exactly the drive I'm looking to get used), but alas, that is not the case right now. Bump for you and GLWS. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyQwAhppWj8
"In this investigation into the destruction of PC ownership through excessive consumer pricing as AI companies go post-consumer. We flew around the world to to line-up interviews to learn about the collapse of the PC industry. Memory and storage...
I have a three boards but two are for 65nm Conroe and Kentsfield CPUs and DDR2 only. The third is not for sale, sadly. Still, good luck with finding something!
Bump for single slot GPUs! I'd nab the P4000 myself just to play around with it (and try to get GeForce drivers working on it lol) but sadly I have greater needs... GLWS.
Actually I had to pencil-mod it myself... lol
But yes this one is SLI hacked post-reciept. I can't find a decently priced copper low-profile chipset heatsink for it (I found an Enzotech for $50-55 but that's too expensive for me right now) and the Evercool one I see recommended on forums is...
A build with a DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra-D that someone here in the forums (I'm not sure if he'd want me to say who exactly so I shall err on the side of safety and not say) gifted me 13 years ago. I thought it was lost 3 1/2 years ago in a break in but turns out it was not; I got it back and here...
I've been working on a build over the last 2-3 weeks to finally put one of the top 4 unused GPUs in my small stash of stuff through a proper shakedown and see what my ATi branded Radeon HD 4850 512MB is made of compared to a GeForce 8800/9800 GT or a GTS 250. I hear it's typically between...