I had the Audioengine A2s and didn't think they sounded that good, couldn't understand all the positive reviews - I think I know what you are talking about, maybe the 889 and Audioengine speakers are not a good match.
I'm certainly not saying that the Realtek 889 is the last word in audio...
$600 is dirt cheap for a good speaker system but how many people need the very best in equipment for a PC setup? How many people have the room for big bookshelf speakers or floorstanders?
Listen to them in a room and you might change your tune - at the Apple store with all that empty space...
Yes, as a plug in and play system for an Imac they do sound amazing.
This may come off as being a jerk and but $600 is relative - it's not a lot to me but maybe it is to you.
They are Blueroom Minipod speakers, they sound great for a 2-way monitor and
"I can't imagine my 2.0 speakers sounding any better than what they do now" refers to these speakers only which I have hooked up to better equipment in the past - obviously they are not 801 Nautilus material.
I have the Realtek 889 chipset and I'm using the analog out to the integrated amp - no static, hiss or interference whatsoever and excellent sound quality (all sound effects disabled and outputting 44,100hz.) Although I plan on trying out an external dac I can't imagine my 2.0 speakers sounding...
Thank you for all the suggestions.
I should have been more specific in my first post, the system I am putting together is for a small room, about 12' x 15'. My main "audiophile type" rig is at home but currently I have been staying mostly at an apartment for work. The reasons for a 6.5' or 8"...
I'm looking for a tight, musical sounding 6.5 inch or 8 inch max subwoofer to go with a pair of bookshelf speakers. It must have separate volume and crossover levels and an auto on/off feature.
Any good recommendations?
Thanks
I know it's above your price range but a friend of mine recently got the Focal XS(?) sound system for his 24" Imac and to say they sound incredible is an understatement. It was $599 but that includes a super high-quality subwoofer and a built in Burr Brown dac. They are made to match the looks...
Well, I'm going to be adding a sub as well and what I'm looking for is musicality, I don't listen to rap so I don't need/want boomy bass but I do want accurate bass. What I'm really looking for is a super clean midrange, something that will bring out vocals. I may end up upgrading the speakers...
Hi, i'm pretty new to computer audio so pardon the basic questions. I currently have Audioengine A2s connected to the headphone jack and they sound pretty good but i've been doing a lot of reading here and want to see if I can improve things. I'm running Vista 64 and a G45 motherboard with...