• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by MonsterMaxx

  1. M

    43 inch 4K display at such a reasonable price?

    I have this monitor right now (it's about to go back.) While the size is glorious, when it's connected to a PC the colors are washed out, the blacks are grey and you can't adjust brightness when in 'game mode' which is the only way to get the 144hz refresh rate. I'm deeply disappointed in this...
  2. M

    i7 5930K, safe voltage with safe temp.

    I get no BSOD. It just runs hot. I know I can crank it up another notch boot and run w/o error, but then it runs tasks slower (measuring with a stopwatch.)
  3. M

    i7 5930K, safe voltage with safe temp.

    All I know is that the machine is running FEA hard. Like full throttle for 30+hrs. The package is reaching 90C. And it's fine. Been doing this for years. I'll definately be looking into the cooler though before it's repurposed once the 9900k is built
  4. M

    i7 5930K, safe voltage with safe temp.

    Yea, I read this thread and started wondering. I'm back in performance mode and OC'ing. Like I said, this OC was from 5yrs ago. It runs Solidworks/FEA stabile. Gets into a cycle w/ all cores nearly maxed for a good while. Hot little bugger tho. I'm thinking I need to take another look at...
  5. M

    i7 5930K, safe voltage with safe temp.

    Old post, but... I've been OC'ing my 5930k for 5+yrs now and am beginning to wonder if I f'd up. It's at 1.452V and 4.3 ghz w/ a 166fsb w/ Ram at 1317 Mhz. Runs HOT. Doing FEA in Solidworks, which when on the gas has the package peaking at 90°C. Water cooled with a H100i I'm wondering if I...
  6. M

    Asus Rampage IV Gene unstable

    Asus Rampage IV Gene I74930K Muskin PC3-12800 (switched to Gskill PC3-17000) OCZ Revodrive 350 Thermaltake Frio OCK My old tried and true Quadro FX 3700 Loaded the latest bios/drivers and windoze is all up to date. I built this machine earlier this year as a CAD station and was never...
Back
Top