• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Mithos

  1. M

    New Samsung 4k for everyone.

    Does anyone know how the curved JU6800, UN40JU6800FXZC, compares to the 6700, that is also curved?
  2. M

    New Samsung 4k for everyone.

    Hi guys, I have 3 questions I am currently running triple monitors just fine (Benq XL2720Z, Asus VE258Q, Dell U2412M), and am considering selling my 280x (HDMI 1.4) and buying a GTX970 (HDMI 2.0). I would then like to sell 2 of my screens and purchase a 40" Samsung and use it with my Dell 24"...
  3. M

    Travel/School Laptop

    Hi guys, I'm looking for a laptop (like everyone else here it seems lol), so here's the relevant information: Location: Canada (Calgary, Alberta) [Fancy US deals wont apply to me] www.memoryexpress.com (really close to home and they price match to any canadian site!) www.tigerdirect.ca...
  4. M

    A quality 24" PS3 monitor?

    OKAY. I JUST plugged in my VE258Q - so this could be premature, but there is no humming or whining sound when I put my ear close to the panel even! AHH I'm so happy. Time to do a dead pixel test. Wish me luck. Please.. please be perfect
  5. M

    A quality 24" PS3 monitor?

    I have not seen any of the GL2450HM in the stores in my area, or many reviews on them so I do not feel comfortable with that one right now. thanks for the recommendation though Imperious. I am somewhat considering Samsungs now, but they're quite pricey. I wanted to stay below $200 and here I...
  6. M

    BenQ GW2x50(HM) thread.

    Huh? Was that in response to me? If so, I have an external audio solution so that's a strange thing to say to someone.
  7. M

    BenQ GW2x50(HM) thread.

    Okay Ive read most of the thread earlier in the week and I saw the BENQ USA tech support problem, the green tint problems and the angle problems. HOWEVER. If I wanted his for PS3 fighting games. Where I want great: -input lag -response time -decent accuracy/vivid colours -DVI + HDMI ports Is...
  8. M

    A quality 24" PS3 monitor?

    So I took your word on the Asus. the VE278Q was on sale for $287, so being like $30 more than the VE258Q - I chose to buy the 27 instead. The black levels were great. I fought with myself between choosing what looked better between game mode and theater mode. PROBLEM THOUGH? There is a...
  9. M

    A quality 24" PS3 monitor?

    Thanks again for your reply, MechanicalMan. As for the BenQ GW2450HM, Your comments, coupled with the horror story that is the GW2*50HM thread, I feel very comfortable passing on this monitor. As one user said "This monitor is a lottery very few people win". I think my luck has already...
  10. M

    A quality 24" PS3 monitor?

    Thank you for the replies. Philstat, so far I am not finding many reviews on the VE258Q, but the ones I am finding are positive, especially for the dark blacks. MechanicalMan, you are right that I will not find everything I want in one package, especially for the price I am looking for it...
  11. M

    Dell U2711 vs Korea, risk vs reward?

    Eltocliousus, I was not sure if the glossy would upset me either. I had used glossy laptops in the past and was really upset by the mirror like surfaces I had looked at. But here in my bedroom with lights on behind me I cannot see any relfections unless I reaaaly look for them. So the gloss...
  12. M

    Dell U2711 vs Korea, risk vs reward?

    I used the Korean monitor threads at www.overclock.net when choosing to buy my display (Achieva Shimian QH270-lite). There certainly is a risk, but some sellers seem more reliable than others. Only use the 'power sellers' when you do buy. Some no-name sellers exist for $50 less, but those...
  13. M

    A quality 24" PS3 monitor?

    So I'm looking for a new 24" monitor to use as a secondary display and for my PS3: I currently own (as of last week) a Korean 'Shimian QH270-lite' (apple cinema 27" IPS) that I am VERY satisfied with. I use this as my main panel for photo editing and games, but it does not have a 1:1 scaler...
Back
Top