Recent content by MikeyD

  1. M

    Home NAS Build

    I was thinking about it, but really can't at this time. I want to see how good of a build I can build at what I'm at and then decide. If I do increase it, it won't be until Nov/Dec time frame.
  2. M

    Home NAS Build

    Whichever solution can fit in the small Lian Li PC-Q25 System Cabinet style and uses the least amount of power since it will be on 24/7 of course....or biggest bag for my buck.....you can give me 2 solutions if ya want :)
  3. M

    Home NAS Build

    Back from Fry's empty handed ;). Totally OK with buying online.
  4. M

    Home NAS Build

    Ok want to get hands dirty. How can u help? Lets do this.
  5. M

    Home NAS Build

    Excellent info thanks! OK so maybe I will look at those options. Having lunch then heading over to Fry's. And specific models you can recommend from what you mentioned? Also are you saying get just the 2-bay model instead of 4-bay? Thanks again!
  6. M

    Home NAS Build

    So I'm in sac and going to Fry's in about 1hr. Can anyone recommend anything I can buy there?
  7. M

    Home NAS Build

    I actually did look into Qnap and Synology as well as Iomega and Buffalo but was not satisfied with the spaced/performance offered. For that same price I was seeing only 2-bay systems and if they were 4-bay diskless I couldn't afford the 2 x 3tb WD Red drives. Unless I'm missing something I...
  8. M

    Home NAS Build

    I forgot to mention that I have looked at these builds online one being mini-itx the other being mid-tower....what do you guys think of them? http://www.tomshardware.com/system-configuration-recommendation-61.html & http://technutz.com/freenas-build-2013-technutz-recommended/ (I can still...
  9. M

    Home NAS Build

    Hi All, First off thank you all for providing such great info. I've done a lot of reading in my last 24 hours as a new member : ). So last weekend my 1 TB (2 x 500gb SEAGAE PIECE OF CRAP Raid 0) drives decided to let one of the disks crap out on me (2nd Seagate in less than 2...
Back
Top