• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by mikeo

  1. M

    3090 mining worth is at the moment?

    Yeah, I got an email the other day from evga for the 3090 queue, let it pass onto the next person after 20hrs as I already have one.
  2. M

    3090 mining worth is at the moment?

    $3 a day right now based on my 3090. I also have electric heating so power bill isn't much different if mining vs not mining in winter.
  3. M

    8k60 8-bit rgb hdmi 2.1 from a 2080ti finally working!

    I switched to a 3090 (finally found one in stock), so don't run that setup anymore.
  4. M

    WD Easystore 14TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive - $200

    I always do that too with old drives and keep the magnets, they are pretty strong.
  5. M

    WD Easystore 14TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive - $200

    I'm good on storage right now but for photo / video people, my EOS R5 uses about a TB an hour if you shoot 8k raw.
  6. M

    Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

    And even as a bad deal its OOS.
  7. M

    Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

    Edit: after checking ebay and current BTC prices, in for the 3090 bundle, thanks! Seems like the shortage will continue.
  8. M

    Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

    Newegg shuffle ending in 20min, why are the 3080 ti's all 1800+? I thought that was a 1200ish dollar card? Newegg is price gouging now?
  9. M

    have you gotten your new NVidia/AMD upgrade card yet? Why not?

    I preordered a rtx 3090 asus ek edition from shopblt last year, moving ETA is now end of august, might just cancel and wait it out for the 4000 series announcements. I did upgrade my laptop though and splurged for the rtx 3080 16gb edition OLED (razer 15 advanced), and have been very happy with...
  10. M

    HDMI 2.1 - which gpu?

    This is the adapter you want for 8k60 or 4k120 on a rtx 2080 ti. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Y246V8X
  11. M

    Jeff Bezos to Shoot Himself Into Space

    Or Glenn Curtiss.
  12. M

    8k60 8-bit rgb hdmi 2.1 from a 2080ti finally working!

    Latency seems good to me, not sure on VRR.
  13. M

    What's the truthful reason(s) for the GPU shortage?

    Any miners want to chime in on the best way to a quick roi? Download nicehash and let it run or is there a more profitable method?
  14. M

    8k60 8-bit rgb hdmi 2.1 from a 2080ti finally working!

    I will say one of the downsides of 8k for desktop / photo / video work is you instantly see how low res a 24mp 6k photo sensor is. With that being said 8k raw video off an EOS R5 looks outstanding on it.
  15. M

    8k60 8-bit rgb hdmi 2.1 from a 2080ti finally working!

    Samsung 65" q800t. One of the cheapest 8k tvs out there right now, currently 2k at bb.
Back
Top