Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Thanks for your help,
Once the ESXi VM is configured, I can run it without any other computer right ?
ESXi is free I think up to 32gb ram, and is there a free GUI application to set it up ?
Noob alert: I'm fairly new to virtualization under server environnement.
I'm gonna buy a Dell T320 Server with a Perc710 raid card.
I need to build a data server, using Raid-6 and use it to store critical file on it.
The problem I have is that I have to be able to run a specific software...
Thanks for your help.
You have good point, for myself I would have built a server, just like my small home NAS. But for someone else, somewhere that I won't be all day long, I'll look at OEM solution.
Im looking into HP proliant, Dell T320 solution or Lenovo TS430.
I'm also looking at NAS...
It will only be used to store and share image file on LAN. It needs to be fast, reliable and sustain at least 2 hdd faillure.
It won't have any other services running, no dhcp / email / webserver.
I thought of using virtualization so that I could have my raid or zfs array on *nix/bsd, and be...
So Im building a file server for a small business. I could go with something cheap, standard atx case + mobo, but I want to do it right.
I'm used to building home computer / small basic server (just built a small nas, 8xhdd ZFS config), but I never built a rackmount server or anything more...
I installed my cpu on a new gigabyte ud3 board, and now it's booting up fine.
final result : my p8p67 was dead after less than a week. Im extremely unlucky or asus quality has gone down.
I have the same problem with my new build.
Asus P8P67
Core i5-2500k
Coolermaster Hyper212+
It worked for like a week, I overclocked the cpu to 4.2ghz by raising the turbo multiplier to 42.
Left all the voltage to the default auto setting. My cpu temp never went higher than 65deg celcius...