A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
I installed samba and webmin but it can be tricky inside webmin to do all the perms and mount points.
The easy way...
Unless you did a FULL install from dvd you should add a couple programs to the box.
on debian install proftpd - @ command line enter: apt-get install proftpd
you...
BJamm
I have the same case with a WD 80G for Debian Testing and
4 500 Seagate sata's in some nice lcd hotswap trays.
I have been also using debian for about 3yrs now.
I downloaded the NETINSTALL of stable ver 3.1
and did a very bare bones install
Once up and converted the OS to...
Im wondering at this point that since you can get a 500G disk for $135ish
that mirroring the data .vs raid isnt much of a trade off when you can gain speed
and also leave the raid s/w and proprietary issues behind.
Perhaps Ill just setup linux clean and simple with 2 disks
Rscyn'd at...
Hello All
I was disappointed in the data speed when I installed FreeNAS on a P4 box with
4 sata drives in a raid5 .
The box is a P4 2.4G with 512MB Ram and 4 new seagate sata drives.
I setup freenas to use raid5 and started my test.
I have 4.7GB of MP3s
32 files at around 115GB each...