Recent content by Meyithi

  1. M

    so whats the latest?

    Yeah, we don't need Ferrari's, jewellery or designer clothes, they are pretty much all pointless. Having said that, being able to compile kernels in under a minute on a desktop platform rocks.
  2. M

    "Verified Owners" feedback on the 3960x vs AMD FX

    Ivy Bridge E is going to collide with Haswell, and with Haswell promising such a boost, and being a tock instead of a tick, it would be embarrassing if the Haswell stomps the Ivy Bridge E. We may see an 8 core 3980x, but an Ivy Bridge extreme edition may not even happen.
  3. M

    Ivy Bridge i3 Processor Specs

    Why do they need to rush? It's not like they have any competition or glaring gaps in their present offerings, I guess we need to get used to Intel setting the pace.
  4. M

    ASUS Official X79 Motherboards Support Thread

    I'm using a Sabertooth x79 (which has PCIe 3.0 ready stamped on every side of the box!), however nVidia seem to believe otherwise claiming it isn't a true PCIe 3.0 platform. Anyway, nVidia have released a tool to let users enable PCIe 3.0 on a per user basis with no support which I am using...
  5. M

    Why no one talks about X79 mobos here?

    That's exactly my story, I've been a mid to low spec kind of guy for years and I'd always wanted a top spec rig, so when I had a bit of financial luck I built one (spec in sig). I've got used to it for sure, where I'd only maybe run one app at a time - especially games where to get the most...
  6. M

    I7 3960X - temps too hot?

    Hi I'm running a 3960X on Linux with the big brother of the NH-L12, the NH-D14. I run my chip @ 4.2GHz and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has one core well hotter then the rest! $ sensors coretemp-isa-0000 Adapter: ISA adapter Physical id 0: +38.0°C (high = +81.0°C, crit...
Back
Top