• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by mets

  1. M

    What to do with three new hard drives

    I just came into the procession of three 1TB internal hard drives, and I'm looking for ideas on how to use them. The obvious choice is to put them into a desktop, but I'm desktopless at the moment. I guess I could buy three external mounts and have a bunch of USB drives? Anybody have any...
  2. M

    new media server pc

    What else would you have to do?
  3. M

    new media server pc

    That is nice. This is time sensitive so I'll see if I can contact the seller and get faster processing, or find another comparable item. I think without the BBU some cache setting isn't enabled too. If I go with 1TBs, when I need more space I can just add an extra drive and the array will...
  4. M

    new media server pc

    Just saw this for $108 with 512Mb ram http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-Perc-5i-SAS-RAID-Controller-PCI-e-x8-Card-w-512M_W0QQitemZ110365572905QQihZ001QQcategoryZ56091QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem According to this it should be compatible with the nForce4 boards. I'd prefer to avoid windows for...
  5. M

    new media server pc

    I didn't realize it was software assisted. Do you know any reasonably priced dedicated hardware setups that would work? There's a free x16 and I believe a free x1, and I'm honestly not sure what the other one is My current board (red is in use, green is the PCI that I could remove if...
  6. M

    new media server pc

    Oups tagged it wrong, thanks, fixed :) I guess the biggest thing right now that I just realized is that I'm trying to raid different sized drives, and this could be challenging...
  7. M

    new media server pc

    Hi All, I'm trying to convert a slightly older desktop into a media center pc, and I need some help with data storage. The box has an AMD Athlon 64 2Ghz CPU, 2 gigs of ram, an Asus EN7900GT graphics card (GeForce 7900 GT 256MB)with DVI output, and the motherboard is a DFI nForce 4 Ultra. The...
Back
Top