• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by Metallikat

  1. M

    Powering an EVGA 1080 FTW

    Just as a note, the PSU I'm using has only been in operation since 2014. So it's only been in use for 2 years.
  2. M

    Powering an EVGA 1080 FTW

    With the prices on these cards getting so weird, I was oddly able to buy the FTW for cheaper than what I was able to find the plain ACX for.
  3. M

    Powering an EVGA 1080 FTW

    Definitely not looking to overclock or anything.
  4. M

    Powering an EVGA 1080 FTW

    It's an Antec Truepower New Series 650w
  5. M

    Powering an EVGA 1080 FTW

    The EVGA 1080 FTW requires two 8-pin connectors to work. So, I have a 6 pin to 6+2 pin PCIE and an 8 pin to 6+2 pin PCIE. Would that do the trick?
  6. M

    Question about my Antec TruePower New Series 650W

    I mean, I'm assuming it's an 8-pin plug as the specs for the PSU say there are two 6-pin and two 8-pin plugs.
  7. M

    Question about my Antec TruePower New Series 650W

    So, I'm looking to upgrade my GPU from a Geforce 970 to a 1080. Specifically, an EVGA 1080 FTW that uses two 8-pin connectors for power. Now, my Antec 650w has two 8-pin plugs on it, but similar to this picture one of those plugs has a plastic cover over two of the pins on one of the 8 pin...
  8. M

    Looking to replace my LG L227WTG

    So, I bit the bullet and decided on getting an Asus VG248QE. Should arrive this coming Wednesday hopefully.
  9. M

    Looking to replace my LG L227WTG

    So, my trusty and beloved 22" L227WTG monitor is starting to give me some troubles. It's having a hard time powering on (the power light will flash several times before staying lit, and the monitor will stay black for a full minute before displaying anything). I fear it could give up the ghost...
  10. M

    13.4 and 13.5 Fan issues

    It's not that I'm worried, it's that the fan noise gets frighteningly loud, As in it literally startled me when it cranked up out of nowhere. It completely drowned out the sound from my speakers.
  11. M

    13.4 and 13.5 Fan issues

    So, I downgraded back to 13.3 beta3 drivers, and the fan speed issues are gone. Guess I'll just have to make sure I hang onto them for the time being.
  12. M

    13.4 and 13.5 Fan issues

    So, I updated to 13.4 from one of the previous beta versions. Playing intensive games always made my 7970 fans spin loudly, but after that driver update it ramps up the fans to even crazier speeds. It becomes deafeningly loud. It eventually dies off, but starts back up again minutes later. I did...
  13. M

    Catalyst 10.7 Available Now

    Okay, weird. I tried uninstalling all ATI drivers off my system, then reinstalling the new 10.7 drivers. However, the driver install simply... fails. It reverts back to 10.4 somehow.
  14. M

    Catalyst 10.7 Available Now

    Bah. I get the same Blue Screen crashes after installing these that I got with the 10.6 drivers. Back to 10.4... again.
  15. M

    10.6 Drivers... ouch

    So, I figured I'd upgrade to the latest 10.6 drivers from my 10.4 ones. Big mistake. Totally fubar'd my PC, giving me a BSOD error on starting Windows, in relation to the atikmdag.sys file. Started in Safe Mode, tried to uninstall the 10.6 drivers, and the installer program gave me a detection...
Back
Top