Recent content by meimeiriver

  1. M

    Official Dell 2707WFP Thread !!! Info, Pictures, Reviews

    Okay, now a serious question. I watched a movie with it tonight. And one thing I noticed, as I had connected it to my laptop, is that, compared to the laptop screen, the color temperature appears a bit off. As in: too warm. I know it has a blue temp option, but that just makes things, well...
  2. M

    Official Dell 2707WFP Thread !!! Info, Pictures, Reviews

    Yes! If only every monitor had a silver lining. :) It looks mighty shiny next to my Antec P182 SE (with mirror pollish) and DiNovo Edge keyboard.
  3. M

    Official Dell 2707WFP Thread !!! Info, Pictures, Reviews

    Oops. My bad. I guess I read the table wrong, what with the shifted heading and all.
  4. M

    Official Dell 2707WFP Thread !!! Info, Pictures, Reviews

    Say what?? No 1080p support on DVI? I just bought this monitor a few days ago; and I'm gonna be mightily sore when I plug in my soon-to-arrive 8800GTX, and this monitor won't do 1080p.
  5. M

    ASUS Commando + 7950GX2

    I think the subject title pretty much says it all: does the ASUS Commando motherboard support nVidia's 7950GX2 card? The reason I ask is that the Commando does not support SLI (at least not using two slots); but the 7950GX2 is, after a fashion, a kind of SLI-in-one card (presumably running at...
  6. M

    3 very hot things on Commando, what r they?

    You have some of the mosfet BGAs mounted sideways?? Why? And some of the mosfets don't seem to be covered at all. I'm confused.
  7. M

    Asus P5B northbridge heatsink very hot to touch

    Just out out of curiosity, what brand are those? I may need them too, for the second row (thinking of the Thermalright HR 09 for the first row). I never understand, though, how those mini sinks stick onto them. Must be some die-hard heat-resistent adhesive you're using. :)
  8. M

    Asus P5B northbridge heatsink very hot to touch

    I know. Same deal as on the Commando. I find it quite incomprehensible that ASUS "forgot" to add a heatsink for the second. Well, on the P5B-D, at least, you can add the heatsink of an A8N-SLI; on the Commando that's not possible, for the second row, as it's longer, and the mosfets are placed...
  9. M

    Asus P5B northbridge heatsink very hot to touch

    Looks like you just snapped off the heatpipes at the NB junction, no? Interestingly I see you're not cooling the second row of mosfets, either.
  10. M

    Asus P5B northbridge heatsink very hot to touch

    If you meant me, I think I'll go for the A8N-SLI hack; or get the latest coolness which is the Thermalright mosfet sink HR 09 (if I can order it here, that is). Edit: I may even rig a memory cooler on the mosfets. :) Like this one:
  11. M

    Asus P5B northbridge heatsink very hot to touch

    Thanks. I'll see if I can contact them.
  12. M

    Asus P5B northbridge heatsink very hot to touch

    Well, I really think you do. Just because them mosfets don't immediately pop, doesn't mean it's healthy to run without. At any rate, I have the Titan Amanda TEC/air cooler, so there's no airflow over the mosfets to begin with.
  13. M

    Asus P5B northbridge heatsink very hot to touch

    The real issue with these boards (I have a Commando myself) is that cooling of the mosfets. Those heatpipes come right off, no problemo. And I put two Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II, on the north- and southbridge. But then the mosfets are no longer cooled. I heard one could place the heatsinks...
  14. M

    Commando: need watercoolers for mosfets?

    Nope, didn't know that. But that's pretty f-ed up. Oh well, it's coming off anyway. I'm thinking of placing two Thermalright HR-09U/HR-09S sinks. And then add 2 Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II Coolers, one for the Northbridge, and one for the Southbridge as well. Or go the watercooling route. I'm...
  15. M

    Commando: need watercoolers for mosfets?

    I'd really like to know this, too. I have the Commando as well, and am near desperately looking for mosfet cooling for this board. Odd enough as it is, ASUS hasn't even bothered to mount a heatsink over the second set of mosfets (to the right of the cpu). I mean, what's the point of just...
Back
Top