Recent content by McLMan

  1. M

    I want to oc!

    A good place to start would be by reading this guide. Very helpful to me when I first started.
  2. M

    Requesting input on OCing Q6600

    While your temperatures look good your voltage is high IMO. I have a very similar system and I'm able to hit 3.0 GHz at stock voltage. I'd highly recommend not running your voltage control on auto. I would do this: Go into BIOS and Load Optimized Defaults, Save and Exit. Immediately enter...
  3. M

    Adjusting CPU and Memory Clocks..

    For that price I would definately go with the DDR2-1000. With a 378 FSB you can run your RAM at a 1:1.25 for DDR2-945 and try to tighten the timings, or go ahead and OC your ram as you suggested with looser timings. You can try it both ways and run some benches to see what works best for you.
  4. M

    Q6600 9x400 or 8x450 ?

    He asked about frame rates.
  5. M

    is the Xigmatek S1283 better than a Zalman 9700 on a q6600?

    I have a Q6600 (OC'd to 3006 MHz) cooled by an S1283 on an IP35 Pro board in an Antec 900 case. I couldn't be happier. Idle core temps are 27 and 32. Prime95 load temps are 47 and 52. EDIT - UPPED MY OC
  6. M

    Would Like Suggestions for 1st Build

    Wow, thanks for all of the helpful comments. I just got back from a business trip this morning, and I'm going to go ahead and order the parts: Q6600 CPU G-Skill Memory (it's ok right?) Vista 64 I'm sure I'll be asking for more help with the build, and especially BIOS adjustments, after...
  7. M

    Would Like Suggestions for 1st Build

    OK, thanks for all of your replies. I've taken all the suggestions, done a lot more reading, and have come up with a new configuration: Case - Antec Nine Hundred Motherboard - ABIT IP35 Pro Video Card - EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS (G92) 512MB Power Supply - Corsair CMPSU-650TX (650W) Processor...
  8. M

    Would Like Suggestions for 1st Build

    Thanks for the feedback guys. The monitor I just recently got, and like a lot, is a 20" widescreen Samsung. Max resolution 1680 x 1050. What I've read as far as processors go is that Core 2 Duo is the best "bang for your buck" processor. I'm looking at the MSI NX8800GT, not much...
  9. M

    Would Like Suggestions for 1st Build

    Revised - See Post #7 While I've done some upgrading in the past, I've yet to build a computer from scratch. I'm by no means very knowledgeable, but after about a week of reading these are the components I've come up with: Case - Antec Nine Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case Motherboard - MSI...
Back
Top